Noob needs help buying 1st bike

Dwergie007

Hi everybody,

I have never done mountain biking before. Well did ride a MB while at school 27 years ago ????

My main reason for wanting to start the sport are two-fold, one for the obvious reason exercise and secondly to get out of the house. I will mostly visit Red Barn and enjoy their green trails, also road work to keep fit during the week.

I do not want to go rob a bank to buy two bikes for us, but also know that buying cheap might and most probably will cost more in the long run. My budget is about R15k seeing the minister of financeloves me. ???? The big problem it seems is getting a medium frame that will survive all 130kg that is I. I am built like a juggernaut :)

Looking at bikes it is clear I will only be able to get a hard tail. I have no problem buying 2nd hand, but you never know what you are buying so a new purchase will always be my 1st choice.

Any advice and wise words would be greatly appreciated.

When you have found something that you like, i.t.o. a bike you like, then post the few you like and ask what would be best.