Where are the parts at ? ????

Stavros94

where are all the parts hiding ? ????

Where else does a home builder look for parts ? Other than bike hub or Facebook market place ? 

surely there are some “ hidy holes “ with all the good stuff hidden in ? ????

in need of some parts to finish off a bike and I just keep coming up short on finding them after watching the classifieds more than what’s deemed healthy ????

If anyone can assist id be really stoked with any contact  or if you have the parts and they are not in use I’ll buy them ????

I need to complete the drive train on my gravel bike currently running a mis match and it drives my OCD out the window.

i need the following 

1X 11 or (1 x10at a push ) sram or shimano  rear mech (force, ultegra etc)

shifters (road /gravel ) 

And flat mount callipers to match (ultegra , force etc) 

thanks in advance ! From a very eager home mechanic ????

5 minutes ago, FootballingCyclist said:

Make contact with Junaid Hattas, He may have some of those parts as he had a Giant TCR built with a 1x 11spd Sram Force disc groupo.

+27 74 158 6243 is his number.

Will check in with him ! 

To be fair you are looking for difficult parts in difficult times

you are looking for parts of a groupset which means someone needs to be willing to break them up or maybe they had a crash and have leftovers

you just have to be patient or break the bank and get a full groupset 

eventually they turn up - maybe go to your local LBS and let them know for when a customer upgrades and has stuff you might need 

Also

https://evobikes.co.za/product/shimano-grx-rx810-1x11-disc-brake-set/

with

https://www.buycycle.co.za/mountain-bike/components/rear-derailleurs/shimano-xt-11-speed-rear-derailleur-sgs/

paired with:

https://www.paragontech.co.za/product/wolf-tooth-tanpan-sh11-universal-tanpan-sh11-inline/

that converts the pull ratio so that the road shifters and XT mech speak the same lingo. Evo can get it for you from paragon. 

done

Edited by MORNE

Thanks for that ! I didn’t know a pull ratio converter was a thing... as for those grx breaks and leavers those are unfortunately not in my budget at the moment. 

what’s funny is that we can’t import our own stuff due to legal reasons. I see at discount bikes (German store ) that same set comes to about 7k pretty much half.

I have some contacts that side I may get him to send me a “gift”. But for now second hand ultegra leavers and flat mount breaks will do the job for me (if I can find some) and then I’ll just get that pull ratio converter and that rear mech you put a link to and be good to go ! 

4 hours ago, Styvie said:

Thanks for that ! I didn’t know a pull ratio converter was a thing... as for those grx breaks and leavers those are unfortunately not in my budget at the moment. 

what’s funny is that we can’t import our own stuff due to legal reasons. I see at discount bikes (German store ) that same set comes to about 7k pretty much half.

I have some contacts that side I may get him to send me a “gift”. But for now second hand ultegra leavers and flat mount breaks will do the job for me (if I can find some) and then I’ll just get that pull ratio converter and that rear mech you put a link to and be good to go ! 

Aramex global shopper. I have GRX kit coming from Germany at the moment. I shipped this package to Aramex Greece just to test out parcel forwarding going forward. (A discussion in another thread) Worked a treat as there is free trade between EU countries. 

bikecomponents.de 

Ps: with aramex, be sure to always make a note with the order that you want a invoice generated and sent to your email adress. Aramex alwats asks for this. The auto generated online store ones dont do, they need the stores VAT number. Its not a biggy but i find it difficult to ask some of the stores for a commercial invoice in retrospect via email….or using google translate lol. 

Edited by MORNE

Sounds like a plan morne ! If you don’t mind me asking what did the stuff end up costing you ball park ? I’m assuming cheaper than buying here or you wouldn’t have gone though the hassle ? 

so if I understand correctly you placed and order with it’s delivery destination being amarax Greece ? And then from Greece to SA ? I am Greek and have loads of family there could I ship to them and they then ship to me ? 

I’m assuming customs hits you once they land in sa ? 

No, you send it to Aramex in whatever country. You’ll have an account with them that provides you with your own specific forwarding details and addresses for different countries. 
I chose Greece  because i knew i wanted to send it via another country in the EU to test it out and Greece’s aramex in Athens has decent reviews. So Greece it was. Thats the only reason. 

Its still better if you can buy something and get it sent vis DHL Express or ups. Not normal dhl…that gets handed to SAPO when it lands. You might get it…or not.
Dhl express and UPS will be foreign VAT free too. With aramex you pay VAT twice, there and here. it csn hurt depending.
Bike parts are duty free so no duties other than admin charges. Take the amount you see on whatever store and put a ballpark 25% (15% VAT plus fees) ontop and that is close to what you will pay landed when using DhL express or Ups - before shipping. Its never more than this and is usually slightly less. I make it 25% so i know it’s worst case. With aramex you need to ad the vat of the country too…but just do the shopping in Euro or dollar then. Sometimes the websites’ conversions are screwey anyway. There are plenty of threads on here about it.

re price, in some instances it is cheaper. In most it will end up costing about the same as local.  I only really do it when nobody has stock locally or local pricing is silly on certain things. 
Im finding parts in some wierd places at the moment lol.
Just realise there is a limit to what you are allowed to bring in on your ID number per year before you need an import license from SARS.
They say its 3 separate shipments with a total value of under 50k or something. To be honest im not sure how well its policed. Ill find out soon i guess…im on my 4th. The next few ill ship on my wife’s name/ID just to be safe????….or maybe thats even more dangerous????

Edited by MORNE