Rockshox 35 gold service advice

Bomberman

Hi Fellow Hubbers.

So its time for a fork service as its not feeling so lekker, anybody who can point me into the right direction? Looking for service kit, or a place that has stock almost all the main sites have stock issues. Also looking for SKF wipers, will they make a big difference? Most of my online searching has shown that they seem to help with the forks stickiness. 

Im sitting in Kathu so going to a local bike shop is not that easy.

Thanks 

Edited by Bomberman

How many hours on the fork? Unless the seals are leaking or damaged, you should be ok, to give them a clean and a lube. Some SRAM butter or Dynamic Seal grease is the only stuff you really have to have. Suspension oil can be got from a local motorbike dealer (Motorex fork oil is really good stuff). Otherwise @Droo from Stoke suspension should be able to help if there are specific parts you need

42 minutes ago, thebob said:

How many hours on the fork? Unless the seals are leaking or damaged, you should be ok, to give them a clean and a lube. Some SRAM butter or Dynamic Seal grease is the only stuff you really have to have. Suspension oil can be got from a local motorbike dealer (Motorex fork oil is really good stuff). Otherwise @Droo from Stoke suspension should be able to help if there are specific parts you need

This.

1 hour ago, thebob said:

Wouldn't say more than 60h, the fork just seems a bit sticky so would like to change the seals to see if it helps. It makes a horrible noise when going through its full stroke but I know these forks do have a bit of an issue sadly cant do much upgrade with the internals but they say a good service with certain parts makes it better.

Thanks for the advice on the oil, should find that around here.

Edited by Bomberman

Seems there is some shops with stock on the SKF seals, so would it be a lipped on lipless seal? 

A lowers service should make the world of difference. At 60hrs (<1 year) you might get away with not replacing the wipers. 

Stoke normally has a stock of SKF seals and will be able to advise what you need. Likely lipless.

At minimum you will need a tub of Sram Butter, Castrol Magnetec 5W-30 as a replacement for Rockshox 15Wt, then some isoprop alc to clean the bits with. A lowers service is fairly simple to do and manuals are available.

Edited by Alouette3

Looks like flangeless seals from the Rockshox site. You will need a tool to install them properly, but at 60 hours they really should not need to be replaced.

4 minutes ago, Alouette3 said:

A lowers service should make the world of difference. At 60hrs (<1 year) you might get away with not replacing the wipers. 

Stoke normally has a stock of SKF seals and will be able to advise what you need. Likely lipless.

At minimum you will need a tub of Sram Butter, Castrol Magnetec 5W-30 as a replacement for Rockshox 15Wt, then some isoprop alc to clean the bits with. A lowers service is fairly simple to do and manuals are available.

Thanks much appreciated, will chat with Droo. Hes always good with help

1 hour ago, NeverNotRolling said:

This.

Just found your post on fork seal kits, so Ill check it out.

1 hour ago, Bomberman said:

Just found your post on fork seal kits, so Ill check it out.

Got my wipers from EvoBikes for my lowers service for the same fork. It was RS and not SFK. Cant remember what I paid, was between R200-R350.

And as Alouette3 said..
- Sram Butter (Droo from Stoke sold me a small tub for around 200 bucks)
- Castrol Magnetec 5W-30 as a replacement for Rockshox 15Wt (Bought some at Midas)

You can definitely service the lowers yourself with little tools, the manual is pretty clear, shout if you need help.

Edited by NeverNotRolling

4 hours ago, Bomberman said:

Hi Fellow Hubbers.

So its time for a fork service as its not feeling so lekker, anybody who can point me into the right direction? Looking for service kit, or a place that has stock almost all the main sites have stock issues. Also looking for SKF wipers, will they make a big difference? Most of my online searching has shown that they seem to help with the forks stickiness. 

Im sitting in Kathu so going to a local bike shop is not that easy.

Thanks 

Before you start replacing seals, just do a lowers inspection. These forks are prone to bushing issues, and removing lowers will allow you to check if it's that or an air spring or damper issue.