Team Transfers and Rumours

Dirt Tracker

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 7/22/2021 at 10:19 AM, DJuice said:

John bit off topic and if you can`t answer, understand 100%.

Personally chuffed with the performance of Louis this year.

Few years back mentioned a move to Trek or Cofidis that did no go down great.

a Trek move still intrigues me, the question:

Can Louis change is tactic and style of rider to become like Bauke Mollema or Kenny Ellisonde?

Is teams looking for this or is a top 15 Tour result enough to stay relevant in Europe?

This year his riding improved one or two days his bunch positioning cost him places or burned matches to close gaps.

Would like to see Louis in more one day races, Il Lombaria!

I don’t think he can make such a big change so late in his career. Maybe become a stage hunter or a super domestique but does he want to? 

Teams are definitely looking for a top 15 or top 10 at the Tour - this alone in its own right is a massive result for any rider. 

Watching him ride I see that he rides well to his capabilities and strengths. Which to some outside think this is bad or a negative but he has done it well to top 10s at a grand tour. The level now is not what is was 1,2,3,4 years ago so to get 14th at the Tour (if I’m right on gc) this year is a top 10 4 years ago

On 7/20/2021 at 4:11 PM, J Wakefield said:

I cant give info alot of info out on the team itself but I can say that:

Hodeg is not coming to UAE
Kristoff to Wanty
Plapp to Ineos (we missed that one by a hair) 
Hindley to Bora (ive been told)
Viviani is maybe going back to DQS is a strong one doing its rounds 
Bennett to Bora 

There may be a change here ????????

1 hour ago, J Wakefield said:

There may be a change here ????????

What do we win? 

I'm going with Kristoff to Nordo and everyone else to you guys! 

I see George B' is rumoured to to come across. I love his Social Distance Podcast with Bewles and Dan. 1) Please let that continue 2) He seems like a bit of Jack Russell and a pest in the peloton at times by his own admission. 3) Not committing too anything as it's not Aug 1 BUT where do you think a rider like that goes with his career? He's an i treating as he's had that stitch issue that has been sorted now, obviously very talented. He's been touted as a GC rider but hasn't made that step out from initial good results when given leadership. There has been issues with his tilts at the GT's but when he was supporting Primoz without that next step up he was doing great work. Do you think he'd be a bit of a Porte with better focus on 1 week races and hilly 1 days like Lombardy etc and then super dom' in the GT's? If roomers are true then you might be getting an Ineos level of talent coming to pull on the jersey. Ayuso, Pog, Formalo, Solar, Bennett, Almeida? 

All you need to do now is please, please, please get a kick ass jersey. Unfortunately, it looks like someone cut and pasted on word art. Heck, I'll even get our studio on it for free! 

2 minutes ago, FondTF2 said:

Pogacar has cemented another few years at UAE. 

New deal signed to end 2027.

Yeah, they wrapped him up a a while back. Ayuso is on a 5 year as well. Alot of faith in that talent for sure. 

11 minutes ago, Dirt Tracker said:

Yeah, they wrapped him up a a while back. Ayuso is on a 5 year as well. Alot of faith in that talent for sure. 

New deal signed yesterday

On 7/20/2021 at 4:11 PM, J Wakefield said:

I cant give info alot of info out on the team itself but I can say that:

Hodeg is not coming to UAE
Kristoff to Wanty
Plapp to Ineos (we missed that one by a hair) 
Hindley to Bora (ive been told)
Viviani is maybe going back to DQS is a strong one doing its rounds 
Bennett to Bora 

Would be very happy to see Viviani back at DQS, he's been a ghost for a while now and would do great there 

Just really knocked but Sagan having to move to Total Energy but agleast he moves with some of his crew and he still has Specialized on his side as a sponsor.

15 minutes ago, King Pluto said:

Would be very happy to see Viviani back at DQS, he's been a ghost for a while now and would do great there 

Just really knocked but Sagan having to move to Total Energy but agleast he moves with some of his crew and he still has Specialized on his side as a sponsor.

why "knocked"?

1 hour ago, DieselnDust said:

why "knocked"?

Sagan fits so well in Bora and many would agree that he is the face Bora. I know his contract has come to an end and Bora can no longer afford him and they also doubt him especially with the likes of young new riders being so competitive (Pogi, WVA, MVDP etc).

1 hour ago, King Pluto said:

Sagan fits so well in Bora and many would agree that he is the face Bora. I know his contract has come to an end and Bora can no longer afford him and they also doubt him especially with the likes of young new riders being so competitive (Pogi, WVA, MVDP etc).

Total Energies wants a poster boy for their low carbon drive. They are promoting green transport, green fuel, they are being quite progressive in offering ebike charging facilities as well as EV rapid charge infrastructure. Peter will be ideal to give them likeable face. An 8 time green Jersey winner and most recognisable cycling personality outside of the cycling community.
He will be well looked after. I'm sure he still wants to win so with a new team he'll find new motivation in the big salary they'll pay him

1 hour ago, King Pluto said:

I do not think it is that Bora cannot afford him but it is probably more a case of them reckoning that they can get more value for their money by investing in cheaper riders who can get similar and even better results. The other problem is that Sagan wants to bring a whole back up team with him.. and some of those support riders like his brother are very average.  The bigger and successful teams like Bora/ Quickstep etc  will not accept that ... they might do it for riders like Alaphilipe or Van Aert but no longer for Sagan. 

1 hour ago, dsw said:

I do not think it is that Bora cannot afford him but it is probably more a case of them reckoning that they can get more value for their money by investing in cheaper riders who can get similar and even better results. The other problem is that Sagan wants to bring a whole back up team with him.. and some of those support riders like his brother are very average.  The bigger and successful teams like Bora/ Quickstep etc  will not accept that ... they might do it for riders like Alaphilipe or Van Aert but no longer for Sagan. 

Yes I agree with you there and I think this will also be a great opportunity for Total Energy to market themselves aswell as their sponsors and I was thinking mybe having a big rider like Sagan on their team might help them get into bigger grand tours.