Team Transfers and Rumours

Dirt Tracker

2 hours ago, DieselnDust said:

Total Energies wants a poster boy for their low carbon drive. They are promoting green transport, green fuel, they are being quite progressive in offering ebike charging facilities as well as EV rapid charge infrastructure. Peter will be ideal to give them likeable face. An 8 time green Jersey winner and most recognisable cycling personality outside of the cycling community.
He will be well looked after. I'm sure he still wants to win so with a new team he'll find new motivation in the big salary they'll pay him

Very smart move by Total Energy on that!!

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, King Pluto said:

Sagan fits so well in Bora and many would agree that he is the face Bora. I know his contract has come to an end and Bora can no longer afford him and they also doubt him especially with the likes of young new riders being so competitive (Pogi, WVA, MVDP etc).

Bora can afford him easily their budget is large. They don’t want to pay him and his entourage and are looking to the future where Sagan is at the tail end of his career.

Bora have developed very good riders and it’s not like 5 years ago where it’s only Peter winning. The results have turned successfully. Well done to Bora for the development.

Bora will be just fine or even better without Sagan seeing who they have and have signed going forward. 

15 hours ago, FootballingCyclist said:
6 hours ago, King Pluto said:

Yes I agree with you there and I think this will also be a great opportunity for Total Energy to market themselves aswell as their sponsors and I was thinking mybe having a big rider like Sagan on their team might help them get into bigger grand tours.

Total Direct go to every World Tour race and Grand Tour by invite - they don’t need Sagan to get accepted into any of these. 

Edited by J Wakefield

46 minutes ago, FondTF2 said:

Bennett, Van Poppel, Archbold and Mullen off to Bora

Which van poppel?

5 hours ago, FondTF2 said:

Confirmed. Sagan, Oss and Bodnar off to Total Energies

Bennett, Van Poppel, Archbold and Mullen off to Bora

He mentioned his brother aswell 

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, Frosty said:

Would that be the retirement home for procyclists?

Something wrong with Ryder's setup.

Maincheese back to his old self after leaving.

Cav beter than ever since he left

Sbaragli, Mader,  and more, the list is a long one of people leaving and getting so much better.

And sadly guys like Aru end up going nowhere.

Geraint is a better rider than Qhubeka-NoMoney know what to do with.

3 hours ago, TNT1 said:

Something wrong with Ryder's setup.

Maincheese back to his old self after leaving.

Cav beter than ever since he left

Sbaragli, Mader,  and more, the list is a long one of people leaving and getting so much better.

And sadly guys like Aru end up going nowhere.

Geraint is a better rider than Qhubeka-NoMoney know what to do with.

it flippen tragic whats happened to the Qhubeka team.... ..the butt of all cycling jokes. So much promise. They seemed to have their best years when Carol Austin was with the team. After that backwards...

and it just seems that Nexthash is the tick sucking the blood out of a dying dog. 

Please somebody who knows what they're doing save that team, save Douglas