Team Transfers and Rumours

Dirt Tracker

I wonder if they (TQA) are too analytical and not basing their training on feel? Power numbers look good on paper, but different when out in practice.

Cav’s current coach (at DQS) said he was being coached “wrong” previously.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, Frosty said:

I wonder if they (TQA) are too analytical and not basing their training on feel? Power numbers look good on paper, but different when out in practice.

It’s clear there’s a coaching problem. But Doug is team principal and if he’s blind to it then they’re basically f….up the creek without a paddle 

3 hours ago, TNT1 said:

Something wrong with Ryder's setup.

Maincheese back to his old self after leaving.

Cav beter than ever since he left

Sbaragli, Mader,  and more, the list is a long one of people leaving and getting so much better.

And sadly guys like Aru end up going nowhere.

Geraint is a better rider than Qhubeka-NoMoney know what to do with.

I personally think Victor Campenaert is really a strong rider but would perform so much better at a different team

The bit where they show Ben King’s data, Doug talks about being able to recruit based on data. This is what I was referring to as data over feel.

4 hours ago, DieselnDust said:

Victor Koresky moving to B&BHotels KTM for 2022. He’ll be making ktm great again.

The mountain biker on Orbea currently?

Strange move, not many successful with  these moves, Cink as an example.

Understand the money is better even being dom to top 10 on xco level.

On 9/10/2021 at 4:46 PM, Frosty said:

I don't know if Cav is the best example of this, but they're definitely doing something wrong. They have bought in some really promising riders as well as people with results and never really delivered consistently. The only guy who has done well over a period of time is Nizzolo recently.

Just 2 africans on the team this year, and I guess there's a chance we will start hearing the annual stories about team viability for 2022 going up in the air again.

According to this there are only 6 riders signed for next season currently.

https://www.procyclingstats.com/team/team-qhubeka-nexthash-2022/transfers

22 minutes ago, Shebeen said:

I don't know if Cav is the best example of this, but they're definitely doing something wrong. They have bought in some really promising riders as well as people with results and never really delivered consistently. The only guy who has done well over a period of time is Nizzolo recently.

Just 2 africans on the team this year, and I guess there's a chance we will start hearing the annual stories about team viability for 2022 going up in the air again.

According to this there are only 6 riders signed for next season currently.

https://www.procyclingstats.com/team/team-qhubeka-nexthash-2022/transfers

Super interesting to scroll down and see how the composition of the team has shifted. 

• 2 months later...

Is nobody going to be first to start a new 2022 Thread or are we just continuing here? 

Anyway just saw the Astana Instagram post where they said goodbye to no less than 15 riders of their squad, amongst them some big names albeit a few old dawgs. 15!?!?!? that is half the squad of some teams.

12 minutes ago, milky4130 said:

Is nobody going to be first to start a new 2022 Thread or are we just continuing here? 

Anyway just saw the Astana Instagram post where they said goodbye to no less than 15 riders of their squad, amongst them some big names albeit a few old dawgs. 15!?!?!? that is half the squad of some teams.

they obviously have some new "blood" coming in ????

1 hour ago, shaper said:

Alpecin Fenix to have Deceuninck as a sponsor and seems to have ended their sponsorship of Quick-Step....

https://road.cc/content/news/cycling-live-blog-1-december-2021-288271?fbclid=IwAR22J9uw86M6TpejvjSWlP0h3realYVzHvBWfTVkUtRYUDO6odnRYHh_Srs

I wonder who dropped who here, can't imagine a brand would not want to be associated with a World Champ for another year or Deceunick was forced because of their controversial team boss Patrick