Team Transfers and Rumours

Dirt Tracker

9 minutes ago, J Wakefield said:

Beers will race with Blevins as Factory 

Wishful thinking on my part.

Awesome for Beers to have opportunity to go for another win.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, Robo said:

Maybe been answered but where is Willie Smit riding 2022?

Saw something on Twitter just now about an as yet to be announced Chinese backed conti team, with Willie's name mentioned as one of the riders. (Can't remember the account that posted it)

27 minutes ago, Robo said:

Maybe been answered but where is Willie Smit riding 2022?

He hasn't mentioned anything yet on his insta but he's busy punting j&j and Bianchi.

Thomas Litscher out of KMC-Oreba and joins Kross - Orlen. 

Sergio Mantecon creates Scott Cala Bandida team to focus on XCM racing

On 7/21/2021 at 1:20 AM, J Wakefield said:

Plapp and I - along with Allan Peiper spent alot of time on the phone, zoom and Whatsapp along with his agent trying to get him over here. We missed that but have actually become friends with him over it. he is an incredible kid and a massive talent and hope its developed and used at Ineos with his free chances. My wife got him his apartment here in Girona funnily enough by chance.

Cav will be a tough once, DQS will need to cough up money now, Cav came to QS with 400k from a personal sponsor from my understanding which covered his racing to a degree, now that he has done what he has there will be no more of that. I think he may of won a stage even with those riders there but not as many as he did as those guys are seriously quick. 

Plapp just rode what I thought was an excellent race to take the Australian National title. 

• 4 months later...

To keep us all properly on our toes w.r.t. team names, Deceuninck is joining Alpecin in sporsorship of the team currently known as Alpecin-Fenix. At LeTour it will be Alpecin-Deceuninck, not to be confused for the team that Julian Allaphillipe will be representing, Quick-Step Alpha Vinyl(Formerly known as Deceuninck-QuickStep) 😵

34 minutes ago, Vetplant said:

To keep us all properly on our toes w.r.t. team names, Deceuninck is joining Alpecin in sporsorship of the team currently known as Alpecin-Fenix. At LeTour it will be Alpecin-Deceuninck, not to be confused for the team that Julian Allaphillipe will be representing, Quick-Step Alpha Vinyl(Formerly known as Deceuninck-QuickStep) 😵

Am I missing something? this was news from 2021, but then I see it’s a title sponsor change, and not an added sponsor on the kit.

https://cyclingtips.com/2021/07/deceuninck-quick-step-will-become-quick-step-alpha-vinyl-in-2022/

https://cyclingtips.com/2021/11/deceuninck-signs-on-to-sponsor-alpecin-fenix/

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/16/2022 at 8:21 PM, Vetplant said:

That post made my brain hurt @Vetplant

• 6 months later...

I also see the Arkea guys riding the new Bianchi "Superbike", So it looks like Canyon are no longer with them and UAE now with Shimano DA 12speed and ENVE wheels and no longer Campi SR and BORA wheels.

2 hours ago, FootballingCyclist said:

I also see the Arkea guys riding the new Bianchi "Superbike", So it looks like Canyon are no longer with them and UAE now with Shimano DA 12speed and ENVE wheels and no longer Campi SR and BORA wheels.

There goes a 3rd yellow jersey for Tady FastCar 🤪