Dropper seat post Review

Lehane

20 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

Mine is only in between because its probably longer travel than I need. There's no time to compress it 125mm in an XCO. Just needs to fall maybe 80mm to be out of the way. For a trailbike and rides it is super cool to drop the post while having a chin wag then pop it up when you get going. Lady trail runners dig it

And having a chin wag session is the reason we ride, is it not?

I am dropping mine out of habit when I dismount as it is just so much less effort to swing tired and hurting legs over the seat in the raised position. And ja, after a good ascent, or even descent, I am just plonking down on the lowered seat to have a good ole' gesels with whoever is near.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, Robbie Stewart said:

And having a chin wag session is the reason we ride, is it not?

I am dropping mine out of habit when I dismount as it is just so much less effort to swing tired and hurting legs over the seat in the raised position. And ja, after a good ascent, or even descent, I am just plonking down on the lowered seat to have a good ole' gesels with whoever is near.

sometimes...

Often I call a ride and mention 4 x southern cross drive to lookout threshold intervals. When I get to Southern Cross I'm there waiting but nobody pitches so then I have to chinwag with Virtual partner. Garmin is good for something I guess. I dunno what's up with no pitching story. Cape Townians are always late but this 8am for 8h30 stretching to no show is getting a bit much

4 hours ago, porqui said:

Most of the time I am in between (at least 80% of the time)

All the way up is for really steep uphill and all the way down is for serious downhill.

I also find that changing height on long flats help ease the muscles. (Just 1/2cm or so up or down)

Definitely,  flats with some rocky bouncy bits n roots, slightly down helps alot

18 hours ago, ACM said:

Did a professional bike fitting and small is the correct frame size for my 1.66m

ride a Momsen Vipa (XC), but enjoy technical riding.

Well then perhaps a longer stem

Easier than trying to source a setback dropper, some internet searches said specialized made them previously but I haven't seen it anywhere. 

Goodluck