Inter provincial courier for a MTB

Newster

I'm buying a bike that I found in the classifieds ????????????.  Only problem is the bike is in KZN and I'm in the Western Cape.  Can anyone recommend a good courier?  What should I expect to pay?

23 minutes ago, Newster said:

I'm buying a bike that I found in the classifieds ????????????.  Only problem is the bike is in KZN and I'm in the Western Cape.  Can anyone recommend a good courier?  What should I expect to pay?

I’ve used The Courier Guy in the past. Paid around R500 from North West to the Western Cape.

The seller will just have to box it for you. 

+1 for the Courier Guy, we use them for our business, last 8+ years, never a days problem…

Courier guy has been arranged, unfortunately they will only be able to collect on Monday so hopefully I receive my new bike on Thursday next week. Tick tock tick tock

Courier guy was the only courier willing to ship a wheelset out to kzn right after all the BS that happened there. Postnet, ARAMEX, Fastway and even DHL were all still trundling about and “waiting to see what happens” 

TCG is legit. 
After cancelling with all the other numpties and getting a refund from aramex, I booked a collection through www.XOC.co.za. Courier guy was there within a hour, picked up, shipped, delivered in 2 Days. The other lot are probably still waiting to see..

Point and case…i order some hope endcaps from custom bikes in jhb last week. Pay R100 fir 24-48h shipping…turns out they use Fastway..waited 5 days for the envelope. Fast…yea sure.

…ordered stuff from Rapide on the same day. They use CG, shipping was free, stuff was at my door before 8 the next morning

Edited by MORNE

I have also had good experiences with Triton Express but it seems like TCG is a winner. Will go for quotes from both next time...

5 hours ago, Newster said:

Courier guy has been arranged, unfortunately they will only be able to collect on Monday so hopefully I receive my new bike on Thursday next week. Tick tock tick tock

The waiting is the worst part.. But.. 

Congrats on the new bike!!

We're not impressed with tcg at all, until recently they delivered right to out gate.... Now they are dropping off our packages at the local spar..... No matter how big... They don't let us know that they are at the store, and they are not listening when we request them to use a 3rd party????

Definitely Triptych Resources - Dianne and Andrew are tops when it comes to customer service. 

The Courier Guy is also awesome! Plus TCG doesn't charge extra for outlaying areas which is great. I use them for most of my clients. 

Read the T&Cs before you take insurance. Most don’t cover secondhand goods. They will still take your money though. 

On 7/24/2021 at 12:40 AM, AccidentalGenius said:

The waiting is the worst part.. But.. 

Congrats on the new bike!!

So the waiting continues, called them this afternoon to check why they hadn't collected yet and they let me know that the drivers were too busy to pick up. Hopefully it gets to me before the end of the week 

12 hours ago, Steady Spin said:

Read the T&Cs before you take insurance. Most don’t cover secondhand goods. They will still take your money though. 

Good to know, if it was a more expensive bike I would have enquired about insurance but it's sub 10k so I'll risk it.  The seller has boxed it up nicely for me 

57 minutes ago, Newster said:

So the waiting continues, called them this afternoon to check why they hadn't collected yet and they let me know that the drivers were too busy to pick up. Hopefully it gets to me before the end of the week 

Also depends on what service was paid for. ‘Stock standard’ should take a few working days. They don't collect/ deliver over weekends unless you pay for it.

That reminds me, ive placed orders with Rapide late on friday afternoons and got them on sunday’s  in the past on two occasions. I dont know how they decide when and who works over weekends but TCG (atleast down here) will surprise you right in the middle of a sunday braai if you ‘aren't careful’ haha

44 minutes ago, MORNE said:

ive placed orders with Rapide late on friday afternoons and got them on sunday’s 

I've never understood why this approach isn't routine in so many businesses. I was nothing less than surprised-thrilled how quickly our corporate training business took off with MNC clients in the mid '90's simply because we did what we said we'd do on time, EVERY TIME. It's not complicated.

Edited by justinafrika