So Sad!!!

Walie I am

I got taken out at an intersection this morning, nothing too serious. Bike is okay I have a sore wrist and bruised Ego....But what got me most is the prick that took me down, looks at me, as in eye contact, then simply speeds off..

Man!! That's just sad...

1 minute ago, wile e coyote said:

I got taken out at an intersection this morning, nothing too serious. Bike is okay I have a sore wrist and bruised Ego....But what got me most is the prick that took me down, looks at me, as in eye contact, then simply speeds off..

Man!! That's just sad...

Glad you’re ok - hope you follow up and make and example of this box 

1 hour ago, wile e coyote said:

Man!! That's just sad...

Where did this happen?

Hopefully there is a camera / CCTV that would have recorded what happened and you can nail this guy/lady that did this to you!

Drivers are crazy. I almost exclusively ride MTB, but transit to the trails from my house across some roads. Even so I've had close calls where people have ploughed through stop streets and cut corners at stop streets. I'm super scared of cars. One guy came up next to my friend recently, got really close and then started hooting and going mental, hands waving, car swerving - we weren't even on the road (gravel shoulder next to it). I think the driver wanted to scare us off our bikes.

And if it isn't cars it's the squirrels! I cycled over one this morning. How is that even possible?!

But anyway, glad you're alright OP :)

Edited by aquaratza

9 hours ago, aquaratza said:

I've had close calls where people have ploughed through stop streets and cut corners at stop streets.

And who decreed that those driving banged-up skorokoros have to be the worst drivers around cyclists?

*Edit: At least 'round these parts.

Edited by justinafrika

3 minutes ago, justinafrika said:

And who decreed that those driving banged-up skorokoros have to be the worst drivers around cyclists?

I dunno. The close calls I have are almost exclusively with middle class men and women in new/good condition double cabs and fortuners.

Yeah, it's another cycling/driving experience in this less wealthy world here, TNT1. I learned to hire a car rather than use my beautiful old cars when visiting the ex in-laws in Transkei.

Edited by justinafrika

16 hours ago, wile e coyote said:

Man!! That's just sad...

Glad you're pretty much ok. Try not to let this manifest as anger, as it may come to a head one day. Oh, and very pleased your bike is undamaged.

I wonder what those eyes will look like when you see them again in court? I expect the expression will be different the next time.

I really hope you got the registration and have reported this, hit and run is not something that can be left.

3 hours ago, 'Dale said:

Hehehe 

ED1D5CFA-2420-4025-96BB-7495F24C2DAF.jpeg

This is my response when people ask me why I ride all three sides of Constantia Nek so often... It's a lekker road