A great weekend escape at all new Gravel & Grape

Bike Hub Features

The Gravel & Grape is your window into the world of the Breedekloof Wine Valley. Three or two days of unbeatable riding (choose from three events!) through the Western Cape’s hidden gem wine region, over and across trails that will delight all levels of mountain biker. Even better, the Gravel & Grape takes place just an hour outside of Cape Town, starting and finishing each day at three different wine farms. The 2021 Gravel & Grape will take place 1-3 October.

73102217.jpg

View full article

This race is good fun, will do it again one day. Just weird that they insist on keeping the 2 member team format, think most social events have now moved beyond that?

1 hour ago, Skubarra said:

This race is good fun, will do it again one day. Just weird that they insist on keeping the 2 member team format, think most social events have now moved beyond that?

they basically force people who really want to do it to make sure they get another person to do it? as in they get half the field to do half their work for them? 

1 hour ago, Skubarra said:

Not sure if I am missing something on their web ....

What is included in this cost ?

Just the entry ?  Or the full accommodation, food etc ?  The comments of driving in would suggest this just the "entry fee" ....

We LOVE the area, and have done many of the 1-day events in the area.  ALL these events combined still costs less than this single event ... Surely I must be missing something ...

Looks like fun... /me sends link to ebike buddy.

Also you know they're serious because they have a .com :D

Edited by aquaratza

14 hours ago, ChrisF said:

Not sure if I am missing something on their web ....

What is included in this cost ?

Just the entry ?  Or the full accommodation, food etc ?  The comments of driving in would suggest this just the "entry fee" ....

We LOVE the area, and have done many of the 1-day events in the area.  ALL these events combined still costs less than this single event ... Surely I must be missing something ...

The R2.7k per person would cover 3 days riding, 5 meals and a cycling jersey. Maybe not cheap but not a rip-off imo.

I have also done all or at least most 1 day events in the area but the event use different and mostly better routes imo, there would be very little overlapping with the other events you have done.

Ciovita cycling Jersey and a pair of socks

And lunch on the days you are racing.

Bike wash and lube after every stage.

Accommodation is for your own account.

Great event and well organised. I'll definitely do it again but would prefer to do it solo and make a family weekend of it

Thanks gents.

Sounds like it is worth saving up for ....

Another vote for solo entry ....