Winelands Cycle Race in September

Paarl Rotary

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Lucas Swart said:

I am going to come prepared in case it rains, but I won't lie, I am hoping it doesn't. Or at least not a lot. Could do without that extra handicap.

Unlikley to be very heavy in wellington area. CTIA says 0.1mm/hr which will likely just be wind and occasional drizzle in the Winelands area

40 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

sit down you , he said racing snakes ????

I thought I qualified as one ? ????

Seeding is out ! or is it ? Can't know if the race number/start time given in the email is the actual one or just an example .?

Edited by Jbr

1 minute ago, Jbr said:

Seeding is out ! or is it ? Can't know if the race number/start time given in the email is the actual one or just an example .?

What is your number in the email? Mine is 1951

Just now, Jbr said:

A 147 / 7h20 

so I guess it is your actual number and not an example ?

Ah, yes, I see mine is I, not 1 - 8:00 ????????????

Yes the weather forecasts are looking better, including a bit of a tailwind on the homestretch after Bothma's ????

Happy with my seeding, hopefully I can at least keep it that way until the Argus

FOMO

all test came back negative but going to take the weekend off from racing anyway. Something went through my system last weekend.

Have a great race folks.

6 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

FOMO

all test came back negative but going to take the weekend off from racing anyway. Something went through my system last weekend.

Have a great race folks.

all tests, like you did more than one ? Damn got tested for the 3rd time ever on tuesday and each time it feels like they dig deeper ! One negative is enough for me even though I still have that little itch in my throat that keeps me from getting proper sleep. Hopefully it's better by sunday, right now I don't feel like racing :(

9 minutes ago, Jbr said:

all tests, like you did more than one ? Damn got tested for the 3rd time ever on tuesday and each time it feels like they dig deeper ! One negative is enough for me even though I still have that little itch in my throat that keeps me from getting proper sleep. Hopefully it's better by sunday, right now I don't feel like racing :(

my wife and I. She was down with something on Sunday afternoon so Tuesday morning we got the probe lobotomy.

Funny thing is she had all the symptoms. Negative. likely just flu or Sinus. I'm just taking precautions. what ever she had I don't it to hit me if race this weekend. A lurking viral attack is always waiting for that moment of post maximal effort weakness and Fun Ride World Champs is around the corner

5 hours ago, Jbr said:

Assuming they sent this to the same email you registered through? I have not received mine yet for some reason.

3 minutes ago, Lucas Swart said:

Assuming they sent this to the same email you registered through? I have not received mine yet for some reason.

Winelands Cycle Race 2021 - Start Time and Final COVID Instructions

from noreply@racetec.co.za ?