Sunday morning group ride (road)- Southern Suburbs Cape Town

MJV77

I'm keen to join a road group ride, ideally on Sunday mornings, starting in or around the Southern Suburbs in Cape Town. (I'm a male, early fourties)

I ride most Sunday mornings, anywhere between 70-110km distance at around 26-30km/h average pace... depending on the group and route. Can only really ride on Sunday mornings due to family obligations on Saturdays. Could be up for a shorter weekday ride when we have a bit more light going towards summer. 

Currently training for the CTCT in October and possibly DC in November if we can get a group together.

Any suggestions or intros are most welcome.

Cheers,

MV

Good Luck. I ride alone most of the times. My road riding is also restricted to mainly summer around the peninsula and during winter almost never. 

I know there is a large group that normally meets up very early morning at the bp corner of rosmead and wetton.

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/29/2021 at 9:16 PM, MJV77 said:

I'm keen to join a road group ride, ideally on Sunday mornings, starting in or around the Southern Suburbs in Cape Town. (I'm a male, early fourties)

I ride most Sunday mornings, anywhere between 70-110km distance at around 26-30km/h average pace... depending on the group and route. Can only really ride on Sunday mornings due to family obligations on Saturdays. Could be up for a shorter weekday ride when we have a bit more light going towards summer. 

Currently training for the CTCT in October and possibly DC in November if we can get a group together.

Cheers,

MV

DM Me.

On 7/29/2021 at 9:16 PM, MJV77 said:

Cheers,

MV

Have you found a group ?

• 1 year later...

I live in camps bay. But i'm fine to go to sea point or even around town if a group starts there.

While I often ride in that direction, my preference for start area is a bit further south. (Rondebosch/Claremont)