Ordering from abroad

I ordered a pair of bib shorts from BikeInn in May which I later learnt are abroad and not a South African company.after having not received them by mid-July I was given a tracking number.They had landed at SA customs in mid -June already and yet to date I have still not received them.What Shocking ‘service’ by our customs which will result in me not purchasing from abroad again (which is not a bad thing anyway).

5 hours ago, selwyn.gill@gmail.com said:

I ordered a pair of bib shorts from BikeInn in May which I later learnt are abroad and not a South African company.after having not received them by mid-July I was given a tracking number.They had landed at SA customs in mid -June already and yet to date I have still not received them.What Shocking ‘service’ by our customs which will result in me not purchasing from abroad again (which is not a bad thing anyway).

A number of overseas suppliers now advertising in SA Rands .... very easy to think they are local.

Often the only way to find their country of origin ... search the site to find their "return policy" ...

Good many threads on the Hub about the ordering, delivery, and taxes ....

Any delivery which ends up in the SA Postal system is a hit and miss story ....

Hope you get your goods soon.  

Try phoning the Joburg International Mail Centre, expect to be on the phone a long time, even if you get through. Am sure once you give the tracking number they can tell you what you owe in duties. Ask for an email address so that you can send POP. Your item will then be released into SAPO and it will still take a while. They are unlikely going to contact you, so contact them. Else it will just sit in the warehouse along with millions of other parcels who shop on wish.

Put this down to school fees and in future do your research and what you need to do to get your item when shopping overseas. If there is a courier option and even though more expensive, will be quicker and less headache in the long run.

Same story, I ordered tyres from Bikeinn. They arrived in SA on 27 March and are still in the container according to the agent I spoke to at the Post Office. I am not holding my breath????

16 minutes ago, kgscott said:

Same story, I ordered tyres from Bikeinn. They arrived in SA on 27 March and are still in the container according to the agent I spoke to at the Post Office. I am not holding my breath????

I SO nearly ordered tires from them !!!

Once I realised it was an import the price no longer made sense .... then again, still no stock in SA of the tire I looking for ....