Derailleur hanger replacement

NickGM

Hi Hubbers,

This may be one of a few questions. My dad has helped out a few less privileged kids where he lives in the overberg and is slowly becoming the de-facto bike mechanic for his town. He can't get parts that easily so he's asked me to source some stuff, despite neither of us being experts. Here's the first one. A replacement hanger is needed for an old Raleigh RC4500. The image below is just a screen grab from another advert I saw (sorry if it's yours) but quite simply, I need buy a replacement hanger like the one in this picture. I've actually got a few lying around and neither of them worked. Err... anyone know what hanger "type" I should be looking for? Thanks!

image.png.faa2219accab8c4ed120742a07c9bfe3.png

10 hours ago, MORNE said:

Nick,

that looks like a WheelsMFG hanger number 42. 

they have stock: 

https://switchbacksports.co.za/products/derailleur-hanger-42-multiple-makers?variant=29509730500707

Ps: East city cycles/ switchback = the same place in town.  Ut any bikeshop should be able to order from them.

297BA1AD-AAEB-4CAE-BA6F-DB5ABE971810.jpeg

2D284836-BFE1-472F-A989-5245FB540D73.jpeg

6A3664DE-15F2-427C-A84D-D29E3BC60510.jpeg

0166300D-FF61-4E89-B76E-4F767873FA13.png

Great, thanks @MORNE ! Hopefully this is the one, but I'll look into it a bit more now that I actually know what to google. Pretty sure I'm blowing my bikehub credibility to bits though by revealing how little i know. 

19 minutes ago, NickGM said:

Great, thanks @MORNE ! Hopefully this is the one, but I'll look into it a bit more now that I actually know what to google. Pretty sure I'm blowing my bikehub credibility to bits though by revealing how little i know. 

Whatever…we’re all here to learn and talk k@k…but mostly learn…

or is it talking k@k???????

oh well talk k@k while learning it is.

5 hours ago, NickGM said:

I have made peace with the fact that the weekend rider wont ever know all the permutations of every component over the ever increasing range of bikes ....

Super thankful to the handfull of experienced people so willing to help out ????????????????????