Garmin watch repair/ service

gadi-perl

My trusty Garmin Fenix won't turn on, and the soft reboot doesn't seem to work. 

Navworld used to be around for repairs but they appear to have closed their doors.

Anyone else who does Garmin repairs in Cape Town?

Thanks

Had the same problem. Send my Fenix to Garmin, report back was new unit at discounted price.

Not a great deal to be honest, only have 90 warranty. Discounted price was R1k below best price I could find for Fenix 6 Sapphire.

Then Garmin managed to send to wrong unit Fenix 6 Pro, two week to sort this out.

Very disappointed, old watch worked better, this new unit loose connetivity to my phone and is treates the same as the old unit.

7 minutes ago, DJuice said:

Send my Fenix to Garmin, report back was new unit at discounted price.

Not a great deal to be honest...

That is likely the response in 9/10 cases.

Doesn't seem they bother too much with actual repairs ...

under warranty they are great, usually replace without asking any questions. But the second you're out of this warranty then it's almost always a replacement at "discounted price".

I do find their product not working as good as expected, so once my Fenix 5 / Edge 530 don't work at all, I'll be moving to wahoo for the computer and maybe a good old normal watch...

Yip had some lousy service from Garmin last month. Had me looking at other brands but their products are great and the service was also great in the past! It seems they dropping the ball. Repair / customer care management have forgotten who pays their salary’s. 

Navworld JHB still handle Cape Town ‘repairs’, but as stated here, if out of Warranty, then it’s often a 30% (or whatever) discount off the latest model of the same product you are having problems with. I have found Navworld JHB  service quite good, from CT, etc.

cheers

Chris