Raw Aluminium Finish

thijsrm

2 hours ago, FondTF2 said:

As a polish, can one not use Brasso or Silvo?

You can but its hard work. I used brasso many years ago on a previous bike. Autosol is so much better.

On 8/5/2021 at 1:04 PM, Fleming said:

I did this to my Trek Roscoe about 8 months ago. Used the Duram paint stripper mentioned above and autosol polish. All in it was about 16 hours of labour. Definitely worth it.

Before and after pics, with a few components changes.

Before.jpg

Now.jpg

super nice job

On 8/5/2021 at 4:37 PM, Fleming said:

You can but its hard work. I used brasso many years ago on a previous bike. Autosol is so much better.

I have just recently discovered the powers of autosol for finishing details on my motorbike.... But at the same time there is not a scratch off metal in the house that has not been brought to a shine with this stuff. Flipping brilliant product.

On 8/5/2021 at 1:55 PM, FondTF2 said:

As a polish, can one not use Brasso or Silvo?

On 8/5/2021 at 4:37 PM, Fleming said:

Autosol rocks for polishing anything metal. I've even used it to shine up some clear coat that was dulled from a rubbing frame bag.

just for info...you can get autosol at any midas usually. i've even seen it at builders/outdoor warehouse on occasion. That reminds me....if you ever struggle to find Gorilla products...Outdoor warehouse keeps the full range...and cheaper than what some bike shops charge for tiny rolls.

I agree. My Honda Blackbird had rims that were partly painted with raw polished aluminium around the edges. Autosol is absolutely brilliant for that. They also have polish specifically designed for stainless steel and for anodised aluminium.