Brooks saddle rail repair

Sepia

Gooday All

My skinny backside has just gone and broken my Brooks saddle rail.  Any ideas as what can be done and if repairable?

Thanks in advance.

57 minutes ago, droo said:

Ping the Everyday Cycle Supply Co. Dave should be able to point you in the right direction.

Many thanks Droo, will do just that.????

15 hours ago, Sepia said:

Gooday All

My skinny backside has just gone and broken my Brooks saddle rail.  Any ideas as what can be done and if repairable?

Thanks in advance.

I had the same issue and did some research. New rails can be put on by Brooks UK, but with postage, covid etc I was disinclined to go that route and managed to pick up a 2nd hand one. 

Thanks Dusty, Rabubi.

Have spoke to Dave as Droo suggested and am waiting on a recommendation from him.

Unfortunately I find this saddle the best I have ever used by a large margin and I have tried most including the Freedom Saddle.

This Brooks just does it for me.  My second choice is a Rolls which I have fitted on the interim and was happy with it until I discovered Brooks.  It feels like I am riding on a brick now and should I get a new one, it will still have to be worn in.

If nothing happens I may just try my welding skills and slide a ferrule of sorts over the welded bit.

Heart breaking pic attached. 

IMG_20210804_123834.jpg

47 minutes ago, Sepia said:

Thanks Dusty, Rabubi.

Have spoke to Dave as Droo suggested and am waiting on a recommendation from him.

Unfortunately I find this saddle the best I have ever used by a large margin and I have tried most including the Freedom Saddle.

This Brooks just does it for me.  My second choice is a Rolls which I have fitted on the interim and was happy with it until I discovered Brooks.  It feels like I am riding on a brick now and should I get a new one, it will still have to be worn in.

If nothing happens I may just try my welding skills and slide a ferrule of sorts over the welded bit.

IMG_20210804_123834.jpg

You could probably insert a smaller piece of steel in the tubes and then weld them, if push comes to shove that is.

16 hours ago, Sepia said:

Thanks Dusty, Rabubi.

IMG_20210804_123834.jpg

A pratleyed ferule sounds like it may well work.

Edited by Dusty

18 hours ago, Sepia said:

Thanks Dusty, Rabubi.

IMG_20210804_123834.jpg

Looks like it is already being held together by chewing gum (white stuff front of saddle) and cable ties 

21 minutes ago, FondTF2 said:

Looks like it is already being held together by chewing gum (white stuff front of saddle) and cable ties 

Not chewing gum! FrogzEggs moulded to stop saddle nose catching and tearing my shorts.  I cannot lift my leg high enough due to a busted hip.

Cable ties were for holding Cyclec unit out of harms way. 

Edited by Sepia

I reckon a weld will change the flex characteristics of the rail, as well as a left right imbalance, all of which gives the saddle its comfort, so it ain't gonna feel the same.

On 8/5/2021 at 8:31 AM, Sepia said:

FrogzEggs

Thanks for this. Did not know about it, looks very useful