Bottom Bracket for Avalanche bike

Hi Everyone, hope you are well. 

I've got a steel frame Avalanche bike that I'm slowly upgrading for stuffing about on. BB is, as far as I can tell, 1.37in x 24 TPI x 68 mm SQ taper. I don't hate the OEM cranks, but would prefer something better. 

Do any of the Shimano MTB cranks fit on this BB shell, like older Deore or XT? Where can one find a list of compatible BB's/cranks? 

(No, I'm not buying another frame). 

Thank you!

Any square taper crank should fit your bottom bracket. The problem is that the "high end" cranks that fit square taper will be old and difficult to come by. If you are wanting new, your option would an entry level crank, which puts you in the same position. 

Another option is to replace the bb too, which may increase your options, but there is a plethora of different standards out there, most of would probably won't fit your frame. It's better to take it to a bike shop for their opinion. 

On 8/5/2021 at 6:13 PM, Longbarn Killer said:

Another option is to replace the bb too, which may increase your options, but there is a plethora of different standards out there, most of would probably won't fit your frame. It's better to take it to a bike shop for their opinion. 

Yes that's the plan. Seems that Shimano BB's with BSA threads and through axles are quite common o will look for something like that.