Does this look like a crack? Momsen Al129 -2018 model

Mojoman

I'd take the steal frame I 'n  a heart beat. 

10spd works on 12-142 hubs. Just need to have a Shimano HG freebody.  

So for the cost of a hub and a headset cup you get better geometry and the ability to put a better fork on later. Essentially future proofing that bike quite a bit. 

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

Ouch .... 

Let's hope others learn from your school fees .... 

More importantly .... HOPE you get a lovely new ride soon. 

Thanks....
At least these school fees are a bit cheaper than if I had kids and had to pay real school fees!

1 minute ago, PhilipV said:

I'd take the steal frame I 'n  a heart beat. 

10spd works on 12-142 hubs. Just need to have a Shimano HG freebody.  

So for the cost of a hub and a headset cup you get better geometry and the ability to put a better fork on later. Essentially future proofing that bike quite a bit. 

Money I just cant afford to waste unfortunately...
To be honest I never want to touch another Momsen ever again....????

3 minutes ago, Mojoman said:

Thanks....
At least these school fees are a bit cheaper than if I had kids and had to pay real school fees!

NO insurance helps when the kids grow through bike sizes every 18 months ....

Sorry, what were we talking about ...

1 minute ago, Mojoman said:

Money I just cant afford to waste unfortunately...
To be honest I never want to touch another Momsen ever again....????

Ja I get that. Sounds like my battle with Ford. At least they are willing to fix their crap under warranty. I'll pay more next time to not buy a Ranger again. 

2 minutes ago, PhilipV said:

Ja I get that. Sounds like my battle with Ford. At least they are willing to fix their crap under warranty. I'll pay more next time to not buy a Ranger again. 

Lol...You sure they dont want to weld it back together?!

15 hours ago, Mojoman said:

Lol...You sure they dont want to weld it back together?!

You can't weld a Ford as it is made of recycled plastic and would just melt.

23 minutes ago, Hairy on a Davidson said:

You can't weld a Ford as it is made of recycled plastic and would just melt.

Their welding is holding up. However their injectors seems to hate their  pistons, and are hellbent on melting them.

I have always liked momsen, my mate has a steel momsen since 2012 (IIRC) which has been put through its paces properly.

I was expecting more from the brand, to be clear, are you talking to momsen directly? or Twho Wheels Trading? 

(My other pet peeve is distributors pushing the latest drivetrain as an essential, citing nonsense like "old technology, not made anymore BS" (I'm looking at you coolheat...))

I do think however taking the steel frame and selling it as Phillip said may be a better option, and using that money towards a new frame. Your faith in the brand has been destroyed, and it's time to move on. No bike wants to be the step-child. a bike deserves to be loved.

5 minutes ago, PhilipV said:

Their welding is holding up. However their injectors seems to hate their  pistons, and are hellbent on melting them.

Harrison says his piston/injector still work despite his age.......

9 minutes ago, RocknRolla said:

I have always liked momsen, my mate has a steel momsen since 2012 (IIRC) which has been put through its paces properly.

I was expecting more from the brand, to be clear, are you talking to momsen directly? or Twho Wheels Trading? 

(My other pet peeve is distributors pushing the latest drivetrain as an essential, citing nonsense like "old technology, not made anymore BS" (I'm looking at you coolheat...))

I do think however taking the steel frame and selling it as Phillip said may be a better option, and using that money towards a new frame. Your faith in the brand has been destroyed, and it's time to move on. No bike wants to be the step-child. a bike deserves to be loved.

Dealing with TWT....I sent Momsen an email as well as a message on Faceslap...But heard nothing....
I also used to like Domsen???? Not anymore.
Not worth taking the frame at the price it was offered...Only R1500 less than what you canbuy it for online...
Then I still have to try to sell it etc..

Not too keen on TWT either....last time I had to get the manager involved but that guy is no longer there...Everything always has to be a fight...Over it now. My own fault for not insuring properly....

Anyway...frame was collected this morning for welding/pratley puttying......lol....

Edited by Mojoman

24 minutes ago, PhilipV said:

could it be running very lean with the on board comp. trying to ensure they meat emission regulations?

32 minutes ago, Hairy on a Davidson said:

could it be running very lean with the on board comp. trying to ensure they meat emission regulations?

I suspect it was over fuelling. Now if only the guy with the technical knowledge came back to me with his report I'd know. But alas, no one at Ford SA cares about customers.

21 hours ago, Mojoman said:

I did speak to their welder...seems like he knows his stuff....

Ask them to provide you with a repair procedure document. It should document the welding process and post weld heat treatment. A professional shop should be able to do this. A really professional shop would also provide you with inspection reports and temperature charts from the heat treatment etc, to show that the repair was done according to the agreed procedure.

If they can provide this, it will help with future sales and insurance negotiations.

If they can't provide it, then is is likely that they will spend more on the paint job to cover the workmanship than the repair itself. So monitor it for cracks afterwards and post something here when they reappear.

1 hour ago, Mojoman said:

Dealing with TWT....I sent Momsen an email as well as a message on Faceslap...But heard nothing....
I also used to like Domsen???? Not anymore.
Not worth taking the frame at the price it was offered...Only R1500 less than what you canbuy it for online...
Then I still have to try to sell it etc..

Not too keen on TWT either....last time I had to get the manager involved but that guy is no longer there...Everything always has to be a fight...Over it now. My own fault for not insuring properly....

Anyway...frame was collected this morning for welding/pratley puttying......lol....

Thought as much. Wanted to propose a deal that could benefit us both (Maybe me more than you:ph34r:), but knew they would not just give you the steel frame as a replacement.

Good luck with the repair. Hopefully you are back on the bike soon.