New gravel XPLR Collection from SRAM, Rockshox and Zipp

Bike Hub Features

Press Release

The XPLR collection from SRAM, RockShox, and Zipp celebrates a new era of drop bar riding with three product sets to make gravel yours. Every upgrade works great by itself or all together. So pick a path, or mix and match galore. After all, gravel is what you make it.

View full article

I've been doing plenty off gravel riding, 1x chain ring will limit the top speed and limit the steep climbing ability. I rather prefer 2 x setup, more to chose from. i like to go where it's rough and steep. So no thanks to 1x.

1 hour ago, Alien Racer said:

I've been doing plenty off gravel riding, 1x chain ring will limit the top speed and limit the steep climbing ability. I rather prefer 2 x setup, more to chose from. i like to go where it's rough and steep. So no thanks to 1x.

then use the AXS rival/force/red front derailleur, 2chianring crankset and shifter and a Eagle rer derailleur. They say the system is not designed for use with Eagle but it will work

Edited by DieselnDust

On 8/10/2021 at 10:17 PM, DieselnDust said:

Oooooooh that 10 - 44 cassette... :love:

I reckon for the similar money I would rather run eagle axs. I have found myself wanting more gears at 4 w/kg on steep climbs running 38f 42r, running a 44f 52r would offer a better top end and easier climbing. let alone doing a longer ride and adding another 5kg of baggage to the bike, I know that 52 would be used. 

22 minutes ago, Sid the Sloth said:

I reckon for the similar money I would rather run eagle axs. I have found myself wanting more gears at 4 w/kg on steep climbs running 38f 42r, running a 44f 52r would offer a better top end and easier climbing. let alone doing a longer ride and adding another 5kg of baggage to the bike, I know that 52 would be used. 

I was thinking more along the lines of a tighter cassette on the MTB with maybe a 32 or 34T chainring

On 8/11/2021 at 8:05 AM, Alien Racer said:

But with a mullet build you have a 10-50t cassette, what more do you need?

22 minutes ago, ACE Cycles said:

Exactly. 

Not sure what benefit a 10-44 will give besides slightly tighter gaps - actually seems like a step backwards. Have a mullet on my new GG - with a 40t up front it's good for 16% gradients with luggage.

The suspension fork doesn't appeal to me either...unweight the arms over the rough stuff. The seatpost looks interesting if it really can soak up corrugations but is really ugly. And will probably be R10k locally!

44 minutes ago, ACE Cycles said:

something like a 11-34cassette with a 26x42 chainring is the same range as a 10-50 cassette

the one with significantly more components is the cheaper option.

4 minutes ago, Fitbull said:

For all you guys who seem to be struggling.... its called a MTB!! ???? Grabs coat and runs.... :ph34r:

but can you run farther than a gravel rider can ride or longer? and they are even more comfortable with xlpr, so can ride even longer distances! XD

45 minutes ago, Broodryk said:

but can you run farther than a gravel rider can ride or longer? and they are even more comfortable with xlpr, so can ride even longer distances! XD

Sadly I cant "run" very far at all ???? but having done quite a few ultra marathons I am pretty sure I can ride further and longer on my MTB. I am now also contemplating doing Munga, once again on my MTB. So yes, I am pretty sure I can go just as far as anyone on a gravel bike and in a lot more comfort and without having to worry about any technical sections!

1 hour ago, Broodryk said:

Yes. And yes, and I promise you that an mtb is still more comfortable than a gravel bike with xplr. The xplr gravel bike will however be lighter at similar price points, and probably by slightly faster.