Ride Report: 247km Cederberg Circuit over two days

Bike Hub Features

Originally published in August 2021 – Spring is in the air, and it’s the ideal time of year for a bike-packing trip. We were digging for inspiration in our archives, and stumbled upon this story of Rae Trew-Browne’s adventures on the Cederberg Circuit from last year. It’s too good not to share, and has us […]

View full article

Gorgeous scenery, lovely pictures. Makes me really want to get out there and do that myself.

On me MTB, of course ????

this route is becoming a classic. Capecycle routes really really need to find a better place to park your car in citrusdal for 2/3/4 days though.

It doesn't get better than this. With a bit of planning anyone can do this. As events are being canceeled due to the pandemic

13 minutes ago, Robert Crumb said:

hmm interesting. i know people got to make bucks but R1250 to ride a public strava route. also don't get lost!

DNF (DID NOT FINISH) / RETIRING FROM THE RACE

Should you need to drop out of the race, you have to notify a race official immediately. If you leave the course and fail to notify race officials, you will be banned from participating in the future (unless assisted from the course by the race medic) Please report to race organizer or race officials when finished. Contacts provided on entry & at registration on Friday evening.

yeah, pay crazy moola for a self-supported route of which a third is on tar all because they appropriated the Oasis logo… 

15 minutes ago, olmec said:

yeah, pay crazy moola for a self-supported route of which a third is on tar all because they appropriated the Oasis logo… 

The race starts and finishes at Oasis.

23 minutes ago, Shebeen said:

hmm interesting. i know people got to make bucks but R1250 to ride a public strava route. also don't get lost!

DNF (DID NOT FINISH) / RETIRING FROM THE RACE

Should you need to drop out of the race, you have to notify a race official immediately. If you leave the course and fail to notify race officials, you will be banned from participating in the future (unless assisted from the course by the race medic) Please report to race organizer or race officials when finished. Contacts provided on entry & at registration on Friday evening.

The Ceder Race route & official segment does NOT follow the Cape Cycle Cederberg Circuit or Cederberg FKT route.

That rule is a bit harsh.

1 hour ago, copperhead said:

Nice write up. I need to say that parking in Citrusdal is the worst option. I do not like that town. Or Clanwilliam. They have grown out of control and are in my opinion to be ridden through extremely carefully and safely.

That route is brilliant. A better route would be to go the other direction through Wupperthal. Harder but nicer. 

The race will be great to those who enter. Good luck to all. Oasis is a great place except on ther weekends when it becomes noisy until the early hours.

I am heading out that way again early October. If anyone is keen to meet up and ride just shout. I absolutely love the Cederberg and the Karoo. 

We parked at the restaurant 1km out of town up the pass. Bydidam.

I sent some very obvious suggestions to CCR after doing it. They've got a good thing going but need to work on a few small tweaks