Alternative for Slick Honey or SRAM Butter

Block

Servicing my fork and the recommended grease to use is either Slick Honey or SRAM butter. Any alternatives that can be recommended as these brands are just not available

1 hour ago, David Marshall said:

You can use red rubber grease.

Was going to suggest this.
It's the same base soap and oil

I really don’t like red rubber grease. I helped a friend of mine do a complete strip down restoration on a VW Karmann Ghia and he used red rubber grease on anything that remotely resembles rubber. It turns into a sticky gooey mess in very short order. I am not saying that you cannot use it as they claim that it is good for the assembly of brake and clutch hydraulic components. Based on my experience though, I won’t.

I've used red rubber grease to seal the rim of air filters on dirt bikes. To me it is way to thick and sticky for fork seals. Try Cogent or Robbies Bicycle Concept, they carry the RSP products and have a suspension grease listed on their website

This is just my take on this as an 'unqualified' spanner boy...I've used that red rubber stuff before (on car and bike) and it just creates gunk when it mixes with the suspension oil (maybe there are better quality ones...mine is a cheap tub from Midas)...I cried and ponied up for the the SRAM butter (bought from Cape Multi, took a couple of days to get to my rural village) and the difference is literally night and day...I stripped my Recon right down about a month ago and spent an afternoon servicing it....I probably used a bit more than a tea spoon worth on reassembling....There is enough there to do several full services....
Its well worth it....

Edited by Mojoman

14 hours ago, Block said:

Servicing my fork and the recommended grease to use is either Slick Honey or SRAM butter. Any alternatives that can be recommended as these brands are just not available

https://summitbikes.co.za/index.php?id_product=1203&controller=product&search_query=sram+butter&results=1

you just need to know where to look sometimes????

ps: Dominic carries stock so if it shows as in stock on his site he has it on hand.

Edited by MORNE

I have an unused 500ml tub of SRAM Butter if anyone wants to make me an offer…

Edit: Sorry, scratch that, just realised I have another use for it.

Edited by LazyTrailRider

2 hours ago, LazyTrailRider said:

I have an unused 500ml tub of SRAM Butter if anyone wants to make me an offer…

Edit: Sorry, scratch that, just realised I have another use for it.

PM'ed you if you change your mind. Even half of it.