Racing enduro on a small trail bike?

Veshanp

Hey guys im racing an enduro race this weekend at Grootfontein bike park and im doing it on a Silverback stratos al 3 so basically 120mm front suspension and 115mm rear. I have jumped the bike over the famous road gap (9m gap) and its my first enduro race. Any tips to make my bike feel better racing it downhill? The max tires I can fit is a 2.2 if I remember correctly 

Will see you there. I will be the idiot on a steel framed hardtail, so  Don’t stress too much, that it a pretty descent trail bike as it is. If you want to spend a few rand for to “trailify” the bike a bit more, fit a descent trail/enduro riser handlebar with a good amount of sweep to get you a bit more upright and your weight back. (but I suggest doing that after this weekends race. Rather just ride the bike set up like you are used to for now). An extra token in the rear shock won’t hurt either, to give you a bit more ramp up in case you case a landing, and use all the rear travel.

I could be wrong, but I think you are good for up to a 2.4 tire on that frame, but again don’t go changing too much. Do the race first and see how it goes. 

If you are comfortable hitting that road gap on the bike, you are good to go mate. I *** myself every time, even on 160mm bike, while other okes will do it on a dirt jump bikes which are basically bmx’s with 80mm forks.

If you want someone to chat to about lines etc on the day, feel free to drop me a PM. I haven’t done a race in a very long time, but happy to share some advice about line choices and general riding chit chat

Edited by DonatelloOnPinarello