Dedicated indoor trainer bike (setup suggestions)

A mate of mine has asked me to 'customise' this cheapie as a dedicated indoor trainer bike for use on his Kicker with Zwift. 

Decided on a metallic blue colour with some metallic silver Zwift and Wahoo logos, won't bother to fit the brake calipers ... I'll just rattle can the crank, dérailleurs and front wheel gloss black including the brake surface. 

20210815_174717.jpg

20210815_165704.jpg

Edited by NotSoBigBen
Submitted to quick

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My only suggestion would be that you not limit your indoor experience only to Zwift ????. There's better platforms out there. But on the bike side it is going to look stunning 

13 minutes ago, RobertWhitehead said:

My only suggestion would be that you not limit your indoor experience only to Zwift ????. There's better platforms out there. But on the bike side it is going to look stunning 

He's one of those 'tron' bike Zwifters so will be difficult to persuade him to try anything else I reckon, I use Rouvy for my very rare indoor rides

On 8/16/2021 at 5:49 AM, RobertWhitehead said:

Better? How? 

1 hour ago, ACE Cycles said:

Better? How? 

Can only comment on the stuff I've used.

Zwift is GREAT. However.

For pure training I rate sufferfest the better app. For a POV "experience" and the ability to have 3 family members on one subscription there's Rouvy making it very cost effective. When I've got time I need to try and figure out Golden Cheetah which is free.

Edited by Duane_Bosch

3 minutes ago, madmarc said:

ZWIFT = Gamers and E-dopers 

Traineroad = Serious & focused IDT training 

agree!! zwift = every day is race day, an easy ride for me was often ruined by an aussie flag coming past me, just couldn't help myself.

When TrainerRoad publicly release their Adaptive Training upgrade it will be hard to beat from a structured training perspective.

39 minutes ago, Duane_Bosch said:

Can only comment on the stuff I've used.

Zwift is GREAT. However.

For pure training I rate sufferfest the better app. For a POV "experience" and the ability to have 3 family members on one subscription there's Rouvy making it very cost effective. When I've got time I need to try and figure out Golden Cheetah which is free.

I guess that if you don't have a coach then Sufferfest would be the better option for the serious cyclist in need of personalized workouts. Fortunately, Zwift pulls through my custom workouts from TrainingPeaks. The real world feel of Rouvy and the price point is alluring, but not enough to sway my vote away from Zwift. Zwift's races, group rides and the unrivaled community engagement makes it my top choice.

31 minutes ago, warrencharlesza said:

agree!! zwift = every day is race day, an easy ride for me was often ruined by an aussie flag coming past me, just couldn't help myself.

When TrainerRoad publicly release their Adaptive Training upgrade it will be hard to beat from a structured training perspective.

I'm one of the fortunate ones who have been access to Adaptive Training beta testers ???? - Its taken TR to a whole new level

Lets not change this thread to a Zwift busting thing but lets comment on the OP's Awesome build, I think its going to look good, I used an old mountainbike on my Kickr, I was thinking of doing the same with my trainer, get a cheap 10 speed group-set with a aluminum frame, I have a old front wheel.

Just now, Dexter-morgan said:

Lets not change this thread to a Zwift busting thing but lets comment on the OP's Awesome build, I think its going to look good, I used an old mountainbike on my Kickr, I was thinking of doing the same with my trainer, get a cheap 10 speed group-set with a aluminum frame, I have a old front wheel.

Thanks man, the frame is done and flatted again ready for the logos ... a bit of a delay getting them ????

Hopefully today then clear coat latest tomorrow. Busy painting the front wheel, dérailleurs and crank black ...