Dedicated indoor trainer bike (setup suggestions)

3 minutes ago, NotSoBigBen said:

Thanks man, the frame is done and flatted again ready for the logos ... a bit of a delay getting them ????

Hopefully today then clear coat latest tomorrow. Busy painting the front wheel, dérailleurs and crank black ...

Have you played with the idea of not having a front wheel at all? 

I'd like a stand to replace my front wheel in my indoor bike.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, ACE Cycles said:

I hadn't till now ????

Would need to find some kind of stand though ....

34 minutes ago, NotSoBigBen said:

I hadn't till now ????

Would need to find some kind of stand though ....

It will eliminate the process of rotating the front wheel to ensure even spoke fatigue 

1 minute ago, ACE Cycles said:

It will eliminate the process of rotating the front wheel to ensure even spoke fatigue 

I'd never heard of that ... I've certainly never rotated wheels on a trainer ????

31 minutes ago, NotSoBigBen said:

I'd never heard of that ... I've certainly never rotated wheels on a trainer ????

It was a theory that did the rounds during lockdown and extended times riding indoors. It made enough sense for me to adapt, but to be honest, I'm not sure if it's a must ????

1 hour ago, NotSoBigBen said:

Thanks man, the frame is done and flatted again ready for the logos ... a bit of a delay getting them ????

Hopefully today then clear coat latest tomorrow. Busy painting the front wheel, dérailleurs and crank black ...

Cool, please post pics of the final product.

1 hour ago, ACE Cycles said:

It will be super easy and cheap to make a stand if you are tight fisted like me but otherwise just bite the bullet and buy the Kickr climb.

28 minutes ago, Dexter-morgan said:

It will be super easy and cheap to make a stand if you are tight fisted like me but otherwise just bite the bullet and buy the Kickr climb.

I was thinking of going to a local engineering firm and asking them to manufacture a stand from steel for me. Should be easy.

Edited by AccidentalGenius

55 minutes ago, ACE Cycles said:

It was a theory that did the rounds during lockdown and extended times riding indoors. It made enough sense for me to adapt, but to be honest, I'm not sure if it's a must ????

that explains why I have three broken spokes on the front. I had considered looking for a mount for the front wheel but was concerned about standing and having zero give from the stand. 

I ride an old MTB frame with just the bare minimum on to get by. Looked at putting a road bike on to have more gears etc. but decided not to. I have a dedicated setup so it removes the excuses for not training. When I didn't have this setup it was easy to look for any excuse not to train. If you look for an excuse, you will find one. 

The colors you are going with are great, similar color to my road bike!

5 hours ago, madmarc said:

I'm one of the fortunate ones who have been access to Adaptive Training beta testers ???? - Its taken TR to a whole new level

Is it like SMART workouts on Xert?

(On Xert, there are "smart workouts" where if you're doing a workout with a certain power target, the interval timer moves slower if you're not maintaining sufficient watts, and in the most cruel punishment imaginable, the timer moves faster if you slack off too much in the recovery intervals)

I bought an old CAAD frame and powder coated it / new decals. No brake calipers and standing permanent on my Kickr with an old cracked  Mavic front wheel. Frame almost identical to the Supersix that I ride outside.

IMG-20210817-WA0011.jpg

8 minutes ago, Mongoose! said:

I bought an old CAAD frame and powder coated it / new decals. No brake calipers and standing permanent on my Kickr with an old cracked  Mavic front wheel. Frame almost identical to the Supersix that I ride outside.

IMG-20210817-WA0011.jpg

Julle manne krap nou ....

The white CAAD on my trainer has a few scuff marks .....