Bike Fit for Road Bike

Stevie G

Hi Guys

I am looking for a bike place or shop where i want a basic bike fit to be done. After about 30min my arms gets lame, sore/stiff neck and shoulders.

Budget bike fit will do as i am practising for Argus. I'm in Southern Suburbs, Cpt.

Anything from R200 up to R800 will do.

Thanks

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

there are some offers for very basic or beginners/ new bike set ups under R300. But mostly it's worth to have a full one done 

10 minutes ago, Eldron said:

R200-R800 for a bike fit?

Do people really value bike fitting so poorly that this is the range they're willing to spend?

Damn!

I made sure the bike shop threw it in for free when I bought my bike. I'm real cheap.

16 minutes ago, Eldron said:

Do people really value bike fitting so poorly that this is the range they're willing to spend?

Damn!

It is rather ironic particularly for those spending in excess of R100k for the bike. ????‍♂️

Granted, circumstances are all different.

The Lemond 0.886 of inseam worked and continues to for those on a really tight budget.

That and a couple of stem swaps and you'll have the sweet spot.

Edited by Thomo

Irma fit. A few Rands more than your budget but comes highly recommended.  You won't be disappointed.  Some guys are just operators as to what an app tells them to adjust. She takes time and understands your lifestyle to understand your fitness level  before touching your bike for adjustments. 

I'd try figure it out myself if you're not able to pay for a proper fit. Sore arms/neck/shoulders suggest too much weight on them, so it's likely that your bars are too low. Can also be that you're too stretched out which would need a shorter stem. 

Work through it methodically starting with saddle height, then saddle setback to get proper knee flexion, then work towards the front of the bike. Raise the bars if you can first then look into the reach. 

2 hours ago, Stevie G said:

thanks, but i there nothing cheaper

Well worth it.

In the end she even saved me a wack of money by letting me try out various saddles ... 

There are good reasons she takes an hour for that first session.

1 hour ago, Eldron said:

Damn!

Physio or bio costs way more ....

Might as well get the basics sorted first.

8 hours ago, Tomik said:

I'd try figure it out myself if you're not able to pay for a proper fit. Sore arms/neck/shoulders suggest too much weight on them, so it's likely that your bars are too low. Can also be that you're too stretched out which would need a shorter stem. 

Work through it methodically starting with saddle height, then saddle setback to get proper knee flexion, then work towards the front of the bike. Raise the bars if you can first then look into the reach. 

I did the same myself, started with saddle height, seat position, handlebars, cleat position etc and slowly figured out one by one until I found the perfect position. 

I'll add that it's also beneficial for future situations.