All Mountain Style - Frame Protection or anything similar.

Charity85

Hey Hubbers

Anyone know where I can get hold of this product? Had it on both my previous bikes and it work great, but seems both shops I bought it from have since closed down.

Any alternative product suggestions will also be greatly appreciated.

3 minutes ago, Simon123 said:

AMS looks so awful.  I pulled it off my bike.  I'll risk a scratch or three rather.

Get the clear...havent found something to beat it for high wear areas. It's certainly not, IMO, a complete frame protection thing.

9 minutes ago, Simon123 said:

AMS looks so awful.  I pulled it off my bike.  I'll risk a scratch or three rather.

yup, looks so tacky haha. some of those designs look like those tribal boet tatoos everybody in the mid 2000s thought was a good idea - “because Maori’s look badass bro”. 

Basically the bike version of tramp stamps????

21 minutes ago, Thermophage said:

Get the clear...havent found something to beat it for high wear areas. It's certainly not, IMO, a complete frame protection thing.

it was the clear AMS.   the honeycomb plastic is what makes it look like a burn victim's scars.   AMS is butt ugly.

****it, I dont need to try and make money on my bike's resale.  I look after it, and I feel better seeing it as is.  No plastic stuff thanks.

1 hour ago, Charity85 said:

Hey Hubbers

Anyone know where I can get hold of this product? Had it on both my previous bikes and it work great, but seems both shops I bought it from have since closed down.

Trailwolf Cycles at Modderfontein has a few sets in stock

13 minutes ago, Simon123 said:

it was the clear AMS.   the honeycomb plastic is what makes it look like a burn victim's scars.   AMS is butt ugly.

****it, I dont need to try and make money on my bike's resale.  I look after it, and I feel better seeing it as is.  No plastic stuff thanks.

Yoh dude....angry much? 

But I guess each to their own. Definitely a good few places where it has been invaluable on my bike, namely non-drive chainstay.

As ugly as it seems to some(AMS). It actually works extremely well. Other options are not as hard or thick.

I cant say how well they work either. I have invisiframe(imported) and another product from a local company on one bike. Invisiframe is a bit thinner than the ams, seems to protect reasonably well. It sure as hell is easy to apply, feels hard and sticks extremely well. The other local product is thicker than the invisiframe but feels softer and after a week the edges has lifted. I will be replacing this very soon with bike shield. I have bike shield on another bike and also no issues. It is a bit thin, but floats into place very easily. You get it in matt and shiny and so far I have had no issues with it lifting or failing to protect the frame.

Should I need to do another bike, I would not hesitate to fit bike shield again.

Edited by Eddy Gordo

I love my AMS protection. Has saved my frame from numerous scratches and nics just from transporting the bike, and that's not even considering what it does for me on the trail. Each to their own though, and some of their designs are a bit kitch, but they have clear versions that won't upset the fashion conscious. Trailtech are open again, so i'd try them, or alternatively Cyclelab sell the Marvel version, which is almost half the price, but equally as good.

11 hours ago, Charity85 said:

Hey Hubbers

Armour ride has free fitment special for month of august

We sell Bikeshield (the original frame protection) through our direct to consumer portal here:

https://getstokedonline.co.za/product-category/protection/bike-protection/?filter_brands=bikeshield

Can have it delivered to your door or sent to a bike shop for fitment. 

Pre cut kits or 1m rolls for customisation. 

Armouride is also great if you want the entire bike covered and live in CT where they can fit for you

Hope you come right

11 hours ago, Eddy Gordo said:

As ugly as it seems to some(AMS). It actually works extremely well. Other options are not as hard or thick.

I cant say how well they work either. I have invisiframe(imported) and another product from a local company on one bike. Invisiframe is a bit thinner than the ams, seems to protect reasonably well. It sure as hell is easy to apply, feels hard and sticks extremely well. The other local product is thicker than the invisiframe but feels softer and after a week the edges has lifted. I will be replacing this very soon with bike shield. I have bike shield on another bike and also no issues. It is a bit thin, but floats into place very easily. You get it in matt and shiny and so far I have had no issues with it lifting or failing to protect the frame.

Should I need to do another bike, I would not hesitate to fit bike shield again.

So glad to hear you're happy with Bikeshield! 

Let me know if I can send you a complimentary kit for the next bike as our way of saying thanks