Is it available ?????

Mett

Am i the only one who gets ''Is It Available?'' and then no further reply or interest after that?, its like loads of hubbers are just out there to see the availability of items and not really interest in purchasing them????.

My question is : how do we deal with that? 

Do we just keep calm and say yes?, or make the first line in your ad description ''if  the ad is up it is available '' , or give the buyers a poor rating after just asking and then ghosting?  

On the latter, with regards to ratings, what if you give a buyer a poor review for a reason, as mentioned above, and out of spite he gives you a bad review. is there anything you can do with regards to that?

PS - Perhaps Bikehub could come up with a feature were you can update the status/availability of your ad daily or after a few days.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I must say I haven’t had this problem nearly as much as with Facebook market place I literally would rather throw stuff away than list it on there ????

I make the adds 1st line  “if the add is up the item is available “

1min later “is this available” ffs.

with bike hub I usually check the buyers rating regardless of what 1st message he has sent me if decent I reply even to a “is this available “ sometimes it works out sometimes I waste 10seconds replying which isn’t the end of the world I guess. 

personally if I see something I like I always try write a nice formal custom response to the add so that the Person I am potentially going to do business with can tell that I am a legitimate buyer. 

I don't answer if it's the only question

EDIT : I'm refering to the ones that want you to answer by sms/whatsapp, it was a big thing at some point, not sure if they still do that

Edited by Jbr

You never gone into a store and saw somehing you like and ask the assistant if they have it in "blue", "medium" etc. and then when they bring you the requested option, look at it, go meh, and walk out the shop?

22 minutes ago, Mett said:

'' , or give the buyers a poor rating after just asking and then ghosting?  

On the latter, with regards to ratings, what if you give a buyer a poor review for a reason, as mentioned above,

According to Hub rules, you can't give someone a poor buyers rating under the conditions you state.

You can only do so when you have an agreed sale and the transaction does not go smoothly. A guy browsing owes you nothing and is not a buyer for the purposes of giving a rating

12 minutes ago, Robbie Stewart said:

You never gone into a store and saw somehing you like and ask the assistant if they have it in "blue", "medium" etc. and then when they bring you the requested option, look at it, go meh, and walk out the shop?

Many times due to poor quality finishing of the product.

1 minute ago, Mike Mac said:

More time was waisted starting this thread than simply replying "yes". 

Some you win, some you loose, but by not replying you definitely loose.

You definitely make it loose if you turn it left!

If you loosen it all the way and it falls into a crack or down a hole you might lose it forever!

????

1 minute ago, Jewbacca said:

You definitely make it loose if you turn it left!

If you loosen it all the way and it falls into a crack or down a hole you might lose it forever!

????

Thanks for that correction

29 minutes ago, Robbie Stewart said:

It's just strange that a large percentage of the population has absolutely no self awareness and when they see this same behavior in others they feel singled out and have need to be offended or outraged.