Leatt Corporation

Mojoman

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Going to be a bit negative.

Was initially skeptical when a family member told me she holds shares in Leatt. Took it as a ja boet story.

Few months later she shows me the original share certificate issued to her husband.

Farmers in the Boesmanland, having shares in a cycling company, would not have believed in a 100 years...

Was very keen to assist her to transfer the shares to her name as per the will, but was quickly disillusioned. 

Try and get a hold of some one to assist with a share transfer from the estate.

The share dilution back in 2012 was not great for initial investors, 25 / 1.

Shares trading in US OTC, seems like the OTC is a gamble in the US.

My comments to her was to hold on to the shares.

33 minutes ago, DJuice said:

Going to be a bit negative.

Was initially skeptical when a family member told me she holds shares in Leatt. Took it as a ja boet story.

Few months later she shows me the original share certificate issued to her husband.

Farmers in the Boesmanland, having shares in a cycling company, would not have believed in a 100 years...

Was very keen to assist her to transfer the shares to her name as per the will, but was quickly disillusioned. 

Try and get a hold of some one to assist with a share transfer from the estate.

The share dilution back in 2012 was not great for initial investors, 25 / 1.

Shares trading in US OTC, seems like the OTC is a gamble in the US.

My comments to her was to hold on to the shares.

Yeah..... I have some of those self same shares.

31 minutes ago, Duane_Bosch said:

Yeah..... I have some of those self same shares.

swap em to heat the pool

35 minutes ago, Duane_Bosch said:

They are worth a little more than that.

Her shares are also worth something, even more at the share price quoted in the article from my initial $10.50 calculation.

My local experience with OTC is that it is not always easy to off load.

Her case even more complicated with the death of the husband and the changes required on the share certificates.

1 hour ago, J Wakefield said:

Wasn't he sequestrated and not a Dr anymore?

Not sure.

Received a few bar in remuneration from the last AFS I could find online.

There is definitely a back story that I am not privy to from a settlement reach that was part of the Form 10-K filed with the Securities and Exchanged Commission.

3 hours ago, J Wakefield said:

Wasn't he sequestrated and not a Dr anymore?

sequestrated or sequestered ?

Neither as far I can establish. Still practicing medicine as well is the current info I have

I honestly don’t know what to make of this thread. This is definitely the most quintessentially South African thing I have seen in a long time.

This brand produces really amazing products, priced fairly, that riders from all across the world choose, because it’s a great brand. But here we are slagging off at them, making sure everyone remembers that the founder is a good for nothing scoundrel, because 22 years ago he was caught up in some insurance fraud. Got caught out engaging in a practice that was rife across the industry, and still is today, got made an example of, paid back the money, the whole R90k, and his R30k fine, moved on with his life, built this amazing business, that we should want to claim and be proudly South African about. 

The riders all over the world using their product couldn’t give a hoot where it’s from, they just care that it works, exactly as advertised. But Saffas are more concerned about that little misstep from 2 decades ago, and slating the man. Why is it so hard for us to celebrate our neighbours success in this country??? 

most of you spend your weekends playing with your toys that cost double what he “defrauded” the medical industry in 2000. While the business he built grossed almost $40mil dollars in sales in 2020….. but we can’t let go of the horrendous fraud he commitment a lifetime ago, and paid back. A fraud worth less the price of the bike your going to ride to an absolutely mediocre result this weekend. Give it a break. Why are South Africans incapable of celebrating someone else’s successes. 

Until I saw this thread, all I knew about Leatt was they made great products, and they were based in Cape Town, which was a cool anecdote to share with riders from other countries who don’t really even know where South Africa is. 

after reading this I’m glad to know they only generate 4% their revenue locally. I hope they also pay little to no tax here and I will fully support them when they eventually shut down their SA based HQ and take all of their business elsewhere. Who would blame them.

Just like we now try hard to claim Elon Musk as one of ours. He saw the light, and moved on from this place a long time ago. I don’t blame him. 

Believe another Saffa with an innovative local company was also instrumental in being part of the Leatt brand via the neck brace development. Mark Hopkins of cSixx. 
SA has an extensive and innovative cottage industry in cycling and outdoors products, severely under rated. 

36 minutes ago, DonatelloOnPinarello said:

I honestly don’t know what to make of this thread. This is definitely the most quintessentially South African thing I have seen in a long time.

This brand produces really amazing products, priced fairly, that riders from all across the world choose, because it’s a great brand. But here we are slagging off at them, making sure everyone remembers that the founder is a good for nothing scoundrel, because 22 years ago he was caught up in some insurance fraud. Got caught out engaging in a practice that was rife across the industry, and still is today, got made an example of, paid back the money, the whole R90k, and his R30k fine, moved on with his life, built this amazing business, that we should want to claim and be proudly South African about. 

The riders all over the world using their product couldn’t give a hoot where it’s from, they just care that it works, exactly as advertised. But Saffas are more concerned about that little misstep from 2 decades ago, and slating the man. Why is it so hard for us to celebrate our neighbours success in this country??? 

most of you spend your weekends playing with your toys that cost double what he “defrauded” the medical industry in 2000. While the business he built grossed almost $40mil dollars in sales in 2020….. but we can’t let go of the horrendous fraud he commitment a lifetime ago, and paid back. A fraud worth less the price of the bike your going to ride to an absolutely mediocre result this weekend. Give it a break. Why are South Africans incapable of celebrating someone else’s successes. 

Until I saw this thread, all I knew about Leatt was they made great products, and they were based in Cape Town, which was a cool anecdote to share with riders from other countries who don’t really even know where South Africa is. 

after reading this I’m glad to know they only generate 4% their revenue locally. I hope they also pay little to no tax here and I will fully support them when they eventually shut down their SA based HQ and take all of their business elsewhere. Who would blame them.

Just like we now try hard to claim Elon Musk as one of ours. He saw the light, and moved on from this place a long time ago. I don’t blame him. 

Well said amen and amen