Boksburg area group road rides weekday or weekends

Mark Crompton

Bicycle Line Summerfields (on Atlas Road) has various groups (usually a 25, 28, 32 ave speed) each morning (Tuesdays - Fridays)  leaving Bicycle Line Summerfields at 4:40 am. There is also a group starting 4:20 am at the engen garage on the corner of Kingfisher and Rondebult, as well as Sunward Park Slipstreamers leaving from the garage on Kingfisher accross Papachinos.  There is also a group starting from the BP on North Rand road, but I'm not sure what time they start, but from my understanding they usually average 30+.
Most of these groups have their own whatsapp group where they post ride times and routes.
I usually commute to Bicycle Line every morning, if you're looking for someone to commute there and back send me a message

• 2 months later...
On 8/18/2021 at 2:02 PM, hxnk said:

Bicycle Line Summerfields (on Atlas Road) has various groups (usually a 25, 28, 32 ave speed) each morning (Tuesdays - Fridays)  leaving Bicycle Line Summerfields at 4:40 am. There is also a group starting 4:20 am at the engen garage on the corner of Kingfisher and Rondebult, as well as Sunward Park Slipstreamers leaving from the garage on Kingfisher accross Papachinos.  There is also a group starting from the BP on North Rand road, but I'm not sure what time they start, but from my understanding they usually average 30+.
Most of these groups have their own whatsapp group where they post ride times and routes.
I usually commute to Bicycle Line every morning, if you're looking for someone to commute there and back send me a message

plus one for this, wake up earlier then there will be time for a Decent coffee after wards.

On 11/8/2021 at 7:02 AM, Dexter-morgan said:

plus one for this, wake up earlier then there will be time for a Decent coffee after wards.

Tad bit early, especially with Prayer times.

Was hoping there was another group to ride with decent numbers..

On 8/18/2021 at 2:02 PM, hxnk said:

Any ideas of contacts, and is it a club ride or everyone just pulls in for a ride????????‍♂️
are e-bikes allowed asking for a friend

23 minutes ago, DIPSLICK said:

Any ideas of contacts, and is it a club ride or everyone just pulls in for a ride????????‍♂️
are e-bikes allowed asking for a friend

I'm assuming this is with regards to Bicycle Line.

Just show up and ride. You can ask employees in the bike shop to add you to the whatsapp group where they post the rides and routes.
And e-bikes are welcome, always a handful of e-bikers that join the ride.

51 minutes ago, BouncingBrain said:

Tad bit early, especially with Prayer times.

Was hoping there was another group to ride with decent numbers..

Most groups start before 5am because the roads are just too busy after ~6:30 in my experience.
And the aformentioned  groups have good numbers, some mornings the largest group has ~20 cyclists and on Fridays some of the groups have almost 60 cyclists doing an airport loop.