Green and Blue trails in Bloemfontein

King Wakanda

Just recently boought this budget Merida BigTrail 200 hardtail Trail MTB, I'll be coming back home to Bloem in 2 years. Anyone know some mtb trails in Bloem, maybe an app I can use to see trails out there.

Thanks.

merida-762x508.jpg

43 minutes ago, Tebogo Podile said:

Just recently boought this budget Merida BigTrail 200 hardtail Trail MTB, I'll be coming back home to Bloem in 2 years. Anyone know some mtb trails in Bloem, maybe an app I can use to see trails out there.

Thanks.

merida-762x508.jpg

Tebogo that's a very nice bike. ???????? ????????

Not alot of trails around here. On Brandkop is a few flowy trails which is quite fun. Inside Woodlands Hills estate there are alot of trails and singletrack routes which is IMO the best place to ride in Bloem. Some people like to ride at Sewe damme but it is very rocky and you cannot get alot of speed. That area is more suited for trail running than cycling. Happy valley has a short but fun route aswell. The bottom part is easy and flowy but the top part is a bit rough. 

59 minutes ago, burger 555 said:

Not alot of trails around here. On Brandkop is a few flowy trails which is quite fun. Inside Woodlands Hills estate there are alot of trails and singletrack routes which is IMO the best place to ride in Bloem. Some people like to ride at Sewe damme but it is very rocky and you cannot get alot of speed. That area is more suited for trail running than cycling. Happy valley has a short but fun route aswell. The bottom part is easy and flowy but the top part is a bit rough. 

Yeah I can see the woodlands and Brandkop ones, glad Brandkop is has flowy trails because I live not far from there. I just had a look on trailforks and we have about 4 bike trails scattered around the city, but im grateful that we have trails at least, would've sucked a lot if we had nothing at all. 

15 hours ago, fanievb said:

There's also lochs hoek farm out on the N8 towards De Brug / Kimberley 

Not much to ride there. They have the short loop at the start which is fun but only about 4km long. The longer routes are always closed. The one time we could ride on the longer route, the grass was so overgrown and the routes that we took (might have gotten lost, because of the long grass) didnt really go anywhere. 

9 hours ago, burger 555 said:

Not much to ride there. They have the short loop at the start which is fun but only about 4km long. The longer routes are always closed. The one time we could ride on the longer route, the grass was so overgrown and the routes that we took (might have gotten lost, because of the long grass) didnt really go anywhere. 

Lots of potential at Lochs Hoek, but they couldn’t care less about maintaining the route. I think they lost the majority of the regular runners/riders over the last year.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah same comment as they above, not a lot of trails in Bloemfontein. Me coming back to Bloem has not been great, I stayed close to Northern Farms in Centurion so the routes here is not great for some just off road riding.

Once went to Lochs Hoek with my wife and son and my wife fell as that is forsure not a beginner course and the grass is overgrown. Some of the guys here say that Woodlands have great trails but can you go ride there without having to know someone that stays in the estate?