Double Century 2021

Pure Savage

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, dirtypot said:

Is it the same fastest first format as last year?

Nope, back to slowest start first this year.

we're in the middle as always. The big challenge is to get alignment on the target time. As Always Charles Miler is a target but 8/10 are good for <6hr over 188timed km.

the usual story. Some just want an easy all expenses paid weekend away, others want a fast ride with a nice afternoon to enjoy the result and accommodation, others in the it depends space

Dc target alignment is akin to herding cats

46 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

we're in the middle as always. The big challenge is to get alignment on the target time. As Always Charles Miler is a target but 8/10 are good for <6hr over 188timed km.

the usual story. Some just want an easy all expenses paid weekend away, others want a fast ride with a nice afternoon to enjoy the result and accommodation, others in the it depends space

Dc target alignment is akin to herding cats

You just described our team as well ????

3 hours ago, Jbr said:

Wow ppa entries already sold out !

the result of a successful event last year under covid, so everyone considers this one a low risk almost definite......

On 8/20/2021 at 2:24 PM, DieselnDust said:

oh no no no,, they started that beninging 2016 already.....

Been through there recently? Looks like they haven't done much in the 5 years(granted with a change of contractor)!

9 hours ago, DieselnDust said:

the result of a successful event last year under covid, so everyone considers this one a low risk almost definite......

bit surprised they didn't keep the fast-first format for this year as we are still very much in covid times... Seiing the faces of the guys still on their bikes while driving back towards CT last year, I'm not looking forward to finishing by 40° this year ????

Edited by Jbr

2 minutes ago, Jbr said:

bit surprised they didn't keep the fast-first format for this year as we are still very much in covid times... Seiing the faces of the guys still on their bikes while driving back towards CT last year, I'm not looking forward to finishing by 40° this year ????

Probably why they reverted back... wind was rof that afternoon. 

We got back, showered, had a braai, packed up, and then drove home only to see okes still coming in. Don't think many of those back markers would have been back if they kept the fastest first format