Double Century 2021

Pure Savage

On 8/24/2021 at 9:33 AM, Jbr said:

hope your kit doesn't stand out too much, last year with our flowery kits the motorbike only noticed us and was giving us *** every time another group would come close like it was always our fault... We would pass groups on the uphills, they would draft us on the next downhill and pass us again and every time the marshalls were blaming us...

Edit : I haven't completed any argus so I hope this won't be a criteria ????

You have over 1000 posts on the hub, you fine!

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 8/24/2021 at 9:44 AM, DieselnDust said:

JBR in I've-never-finished-the-argust shocker????..

Say it isn't so......the most important cycling event in the Southern hemisphere, The purgatory of the South, Fun Ride World Champs....,<gasps>

I'm gutted

Delete delete before the Savages read this

nice try... 

Everyone knows it goes:

1. DC

2. One Tonner

3. 1st lap CTCT

4. 2nd lap CTCT

5. Die Wingerd fiets ry

6. Cape Cobra

7. Bay 2 Bay

8. Durbie Dash

9. 99er

10. Roller Coaster

11. West Coast Express

12. Boerkarhoet soenen fiets ry

13. Klein Joostenburg cycle ride

On 8/25/2021 at 10:29 AM, Skubarra said:

Was a very different DC last year when there was no one to draft (and the odd occasion there were the marshals aggressively made sure that you don't). Definitely a bit tougher but also much safer when you are not constantly passing slower teams. On the balance I probably prefer the fastest teams first format but I think we all knew it was going to revert back to the old format again. At least the vibe will be better, I had a very lonely solo ride when I got dropped near Van Loveren last year, first time I saw another team was when they caught me on the last of the 3 *itches.

It was very strange, the only time I saw people was walking from Montagu to Ashton with torn front tyre. Rest of the day sitting in a paceline or all alone...

5 minutes ago, Pure Savage said:

nice try... 

Everyone knows it goes:

1. DC

2. One Tonner

3. 1st lap CTCT

4. 2nd lap CTCT

5. Die Wingerd fiets ry

6. Cape Cobra

7. Bay 2 Bay

8. Durbie Dash

9. 99er

10. Roller Coaster

11. West Coast Express

12. Boerkarhoet soenen fiets ry

13. Klein Joostenburg cycle ride

You only know those when you hit 2500 posts on bike hub 

1 hour ago, Pure Savage said:

It was very strange, the only time I saw people was walking from Montagu to Ashton with torn front tyre. Rest of the day sitting in a paceline or all alone...

Yes, for long parts it felt more like a training group ride than a race! Even the neutral zones were more or less deserted

22 minutes ago, K20Champ said:

so with the changes back to the slowest 1st, 

will it be 2 non timed stops as well? 

We will find out closer to the time. We also don't know whether Cogmanskloof Pass will be able to accommodate the event without a Neutral Zone yet. Current website, which is a rebrand from the 2020 event still shows last years race rules with the exception of the start format change back to the previous.

• There is a note that states the Road conditions, and closures will be updated close to the time.

"

Important note: The description above is based on the situation along the Old Mutual Wealth Double Century route at the time of entry applications opening. We realise that things will change and we will keep you fully informed of the conditions and safety measures being implemented.

By entering the event, all riders accept that they are aware of the situation in respect of the route and roadworks affecting it, as well as the potential measures (detailed above) that may be implemented to ensure the safety of the participants.

Please note that these Route Conditions and Neutral Zones are not final and may change closer to the time.

• we can assume they will revert to the two non timed stops.  This will be dependent on the lockdown protocols in place at the time of the event going ahead.

Oh and the weather will be fine and hot with a dash of South Easter to make the trip home warmer but assisted

Edited by DieselnDust

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Velouria said:

So, anyone needing two experienced DC riders for their team? Loads of DC experience, and a bit of DC podium experience :D 

what's your target time ? I see there's a little bit of everything on the notice board, maybe you can build a team from there ;)

54 minutes ago, Jbr said:

what's your target time ? I see there's a little bit of everything on the notice board, maybe you can build a team from there ;)

Hmm - mixed team fast. Like 5 hours...

1 hour ago, Velouria said:

Hmm - mixed team fast. Like 5 hours...

Are one or both of you female, or just using mixed as reference?

14 hours ago, DieselnDust said:

the question should be " what do you identify as...?"

I identify as a middle aged male who can no longer race with the young racing snakes, but still have the legs to be competitive with the racing ladies.

(And, we're the current holders of both the MD90 and DC mixed titles)