Double Century 2021

Pure Savage

3 minutes ago, Jbr said:

I thought the neutral was 13.7km, so about 27:30 mins minimum. it seemed a bit tight to have to do it in more than 28mins but less than 30mins

I think that's the 11km CogmansKloof+ the 2.7km of the feedzone

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, bleedToWin said:

There is no maximum for the Neutral Zone, there is only the 60min that covers both the Neutral and the stop.
Your time will not start after 30min if you are not yet through the Neutral, it just reduces your Support Zone time.

I'm nitpicking, but the details matter.

Makes perfect sense, glad we have one smart guy in the teamĀ ????

9 minutes ago, bleedToWin said:

There is no maximum for the Neutral Zone, there is only the 60min that covers both the Neutral and the stop.
Your time will not start after 30min if you are not yet through the Neutral, it just reduces your Support Zone time.

I'm nitpicking, but the details matter.

your maximum time is therefore 60min through the NZ then....

#IknowI'mknitpickingbutdetailsmatterĀ  Ā ????

2 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

your maximum time is therefore 60min through the NZ then....

#IknowI'mknitpickingbutdetailsmatterĀ  Ā ????

no because you can take a **** in the neutral zone, spend 45 mins there, then only stay 14 mins in the feedzone and exit both in 59 mins

Ā 

Not saying that because I noticed last year the only toilet was in the neutral zone and I regretted later not taking a quick stop...

Edited by Jbr

53 minutes ago, Jbr said:

no because you can take a **** in the neutral zone, spend 45 mins there, then only stay 14 mins in the feedzone and exit both in 59 mins

Ā 

Not saying that because I noticed last year the only toilet was in the neutral zone and I regretted later not taking a quick stop...

Ā 

In all seriousness though, technically not. They have the time allocation for the neutral zone (30min) worked out to prevent teams or riders from loitering there and waiting for dropped teammates to get back on since this is a construction site and by law we're not allowed to be stationary in there without a SABS approved hard hat and safety shoes and contracted to be there. I don't know if they've ever applied the penalty for spending too much time in the neutral Zone but it can happen if they see a general trend.

another thing that wasn't mentioned in the race briefing is that only your team support car can collect your teams braai pack at the finish. The support zone accreditation attached to the vehicle also grants it entry to the sports grounds braai pack lane. Bear this in mind if you're planning on getting someone else to collect your braai pack.

Wind is our biggest "danger"Ā  Ā they still have level 8 warning out till friday evening .Ā  Ā so hopefuly its gone by Sat morning

Ā 

Ā 

image.png.78d88a734e1a10e6d38aafe826f5bcc5.png

Edited by Karman de Lange

13 minutes ago, copperhead said:

Is this a race or a fun ride? Neutral zone... easy zone... pee zone. Yusses holiday this fun ride. Right now, unless you are stapled to the ground in Greyton you are moving post code. I have moved 2 campsites just by sitting outside.

They should provide charging points at each feed zone for my ebike ....

Ā 

Ā 

Pity about the weather .... really enjoyed being a spectator / photographer / roadside assistant for the 2019 DC.

1 hour ago, copperhead said:

Sir... with respect, just get more batteries. Mind you will all this hanging around that seems to happen you should have amp le time to do this.Ā 

Ā 

I really should gate crash the party ..... modify the luggage rack to carry three spare batteries ....Ā :PĀ :whistling:

Ā 

Ā