Double Century 2021

Pure Savage

hahahahahaha yes! 

Tell the companies that use those roads to make alternative plans for maybe saturday or sunday, you will see on the day. Or must they organise for both days so that one day the roads stay closed for no one?

Also, why are you guys still being Karens about this? The event was cancelled. It sucks. Move on

The term 'Eloquent idiots' springs to mind when reading this.

No matter how well you think your 'argument' makes sense, unless you have a DeLorian, Doc Brown and 1.21 gigawatts, none of it matters 

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bleak it was cancelled, but cannot blame the organisers for making the call they did. Still decided to ride and did the whole route. - Set off at about 7:10am, didn't get wet throughout the whole ride, and conditions were pretty good for riding. Some tough headwind heading into Robertson but over a 202km course you cannot expect perfect conditions throughout...  We had an awesome day either way and glad that we still did it ????

Yes event got cancelled but that did not prevent us from heading out & enjoying the change of weather????...Just a few pics of our team making the most of decisions that were out of our control... Done 160km of the route 

PS...The removal of race nrs notification came after we headed out 

IMG-20211128-WA0084.jpg

IMG-20211130-WA0024.jpg

IMG-20211127-WA0070.jpg

IMG-20211127-WA0083.jpg

58 minutes ago, splat said:

So, did everyone read the letter from DC organisers regarding the cancellation ?
I hope that everyone who was angry/upset/disappointed feels a bit better now that we have heard their side .

At least teams are given first considerations for entries for next year.

Id vote that this time the entry fees are locked into an ETH smart contract that only releases funds to organisers if race goes ahead - sponsors and cycle trust can take the risk of up front costs. They could even use the consensus mechanism for agreeing on race cancellation and size of the braai packs ????

We decided to do something a little different, having travelled all the way from JHB, and not wanting to waste our hours of training for the DC. We rode to Arniston and back with 7 of our team, plus our backup vehicle that we did not want to waste, and really enjoyed it. Our other choice was to do a coffee ride and stop somewhere in Swellendam on the way back for brunch. Which would probably have meant having our first adult beverages with said brunch and everything going south and a bit rowdy after that! A few drops of rain and a side wind there and back, besides that great conditions to cycle 194kms in. A completely new route for us made up for the huge disappointment of the DC cancellation, and we enjoyed it throughly! It also meant we could hold our 'fines meeting' at the braai that night, which went way south! Unfortunately we where unable to collect our DC socks, we weren't too worried about the braai pack, a hungry local probably put that to better use! We have e-mailed them requesting them to courier the socks to us, no reply as yet.

I do think this cancellation is going to hurt the event in future, especially with those that travelled from far, unless some kind of compensation is offered, other than preferential entries for the next event!

IMG-20211127-WA0013.jpg

IMG-20211127-WA0054.jpg

IMG-20211127-WA0055.jpg

IMG-20211127-WA0061.jpg

• 1 month later...