Cantilever Cable Stop (Rear) - DIY?

Trevz

I managed to find some cheap cantilever brakes for project I'm busy with. (Flat Bar Hybrid to Drop bars for some off road/gravel touring)

Had v-brakes on originally, been a struggle to find canti's, but this is why i like supporting small LBS's. They tend to have some of the old technology unlinke the big cycle stores. ???? They nothing fancy like shimano/Avid/Tektro but will do for now.

_20210820_152947.JPG.6432f5e0b7f181423a143055dedfc15c.JPG

The project can now commence. I managed to also get the front cable stop.

I now need a rear stop, similar to this that hangs from the seatpost clamp. Is there a way to make one at home? what solutions exist?

42800.jpg.267d887a2a7b1e6b8277555ddb64eff8.jpg

It’s fairly easy to do a DIY version. Get a bit of flat steel section and drill 2 holes, one at either end. One hole sized for the seat post bolt and the other one sized for a brake barrel adjuster bolt ( the type used on cheaper caliper brakes. A bit of fiddling with washers and shaping the section ends and you are done. Might not look the best but it will work.

968BD6BE-A67E-4DC0-905D-B4C95BDB82EB.png