What to do with this fairly large jump

Josh Baptie

Not sure if this is the right place for this.

So.... After seeing the prices for a MTB Hopper I decided I would just build my own......lol
Turns out I have pretty decent wood working skills but my scaling was on another level and ended up with this monstrosity that's definitely not gonna fit in the car boot despite the fact it can be taken apart and assembled without tools. Now its sitting in my garage, taking up what little space I have left.

So I want to just give this away. I thought it would be beneficial to post here, maybe there is a community trail that can make use of it or something of the sorts?
I don't mind handing t off to an individual but would be cool if it could sit somewhere where it would appreciated by the community.

PS: Just needs some treatment to sit outside and some grip tape on the take off

WhatsApp Image 2021-08-23 at 4.22.58 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-08-23 at 4.22.58 PM (2).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-08-23 at 4.22.58 PM (1).jpeg

44 minutes ago, RobertWhitehead said:

Where are you based? I am sure I can think of one or two people who'll be interested to take it off your hands 

Western Cape, Table view

Katja/Rob at Breakaway rides, otherwise potentially Chris Nixon at the bikepark

Although for them transporting it might be an issue as well

7 minutes ago, Meezo said:

Katja/Rob at Breakaway rides, otherwise potentially Chris Nixon at the bikepark

Although for them transporting it might be an issue as well

From the SM posts I’ve seen Breakaway invested in the MTB Hopper which is what the op didn’t want to do and now finds himself in this pickle ????

I'd be more than happy to take it off your hands an install it on the Higgovale forest trails in town :)

Quite a bit of work has been done here lately and the kids (and old kids) have been making good use of the trailsIMG_3081.jpg.047d198b2bb7a1051fdeed37f54d59de.jpg

P.S. It is frequented by the Breakaway rides team regularly too (ironically you can actually see one of them in the top left of this photo)

Edited by wolver

2 hours ago, wolver said:

frequented by the Breakaway rides team regularly too (ironically you can actually see one of them in the top left of this photo)

ironically
/ʌɪˈrɒnɪkli/
adverb
  • used in reference to a paradoxical or unexpected situation.

You’re welcome. :lol:

21 minutes ago, justinafrika said:

ironically
/ʌɪˈrɒnɪkli/
adverb
  • used in reference to a paradoxical or unexpected situation.

You’re welcome. :lol:

*coincidentally ????‍♂️

15 hours ago, wolver said:

I'd be more than happy to take it off your hands an install it on the Higgovale forest trails in town :)

Quite a bit of work has been done here lately and the kids (and old kids) have been making good use of the trailsIMG_3081.jpg.047d198b2bb7a1051fdeed37f54d59de.jpg

P.S. It is frequented by the Breakaway rides team regularly too (ironically you can actually see one of them in the top left of this photo)

Hi, whereabout are these Higgovale trails?

Closest street name?

3 hours ago, Dadbod Racing said:

Hi, whereabout are these Higgovale trails?

Closest street name?

Glen Avenue.

You can do a nice little intervals session on these trails. drop in. do the trail. pop out on glen crescent. Do the little climb back around. Repeat.

You can also do shuttle runs down the granite. little bit of tar. Through the higgovale trails. Shuttle pickup at Bacini.

Edited by Duane_Bosch