Shimano Brake Lever Internals

Adr!@n

So, I've got 4 Shimano levers, of which 2 have bad pistons. I suspect somewhere along the line, one of the levers was filled with DOT fluid, so that piston is a no go. The other 3 are OK, but 2 of them have been working hard for about 6 years and I think the seals around the piston are not doing their job anymore. 

So quick question, is this seal something that I could get at a place that sells seals? I've never seen another seal that resembles this, except for other bicycle brakes. 

Then next question; I can't be the only one who has extra Shimano levers that have gone sticky, so if there are more people like me who need internals maybe we could order a bunch of these pistons and repair the levers we have. Would anyone be keen? 

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002814805287.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.13421c76KbZxUI&algo_pvid=36014c5d-1598-4197-9e4f-981f3fa6679e&algo_exp_id=36014c5d-1598-4197-9e4f-981f3fa6679e-46

It's not the seals that's the issue it's the piston that gets the grime/dirt oil build on them. 

My story is the fit and forget is great for Shimano brakes, but for longevity of them bleed every season

1 hour ago, Meezo said:

There's a thread here on bikehub that some knob had written on how to repair these. That same knob has repaired a lever not too long ago too...

Search for XT 785 work around

59 minutes ago, Meezo said:

It's not the seals that's the issue it's the piston that gets the grime/dirt oil build on them. 

My story is the fit and forget is great for Shimano brakes, but for longevity of them bleed every season

58 minutes ago, Meezo said:

My spelling and grammar is k@k off to get coffee

Ha, thanks. I did have a look at that thread - and I have successfully rebuilt levers before, but I feel bad about having levers that I have no internals for because I think they can't be saved, it just feels like waste. I'll have a look again.