Worst Customer experience EVER! Castelli & Sportful by Roubaixworld Trading

throttles

I recently purchased items from the South African Castelli online store.

The banner on the website and the email communication mentions Vuelta Sale 50% off MSRP

MSRP on that Bib I bought is R2999, so the first discount should be 50% = R1500.00 not R1795.00

At which point R1500 - 25% would equate to R1125.00 not R1346 as per the invoice. 

There is a difference of R220 from my calculation.

I contacted the store and was advised that they cannot do anything other than either cancel the order or remove the 1 item from my order.

I literally asked the store if this "Is this legal?" as it was clearly advertised 50% off Vuelta Sale (NOT "UP TO 50%"), the owner responded by saying yes it is according to their terms and conditions.

Furthermore they mention that the Bib was reduced and they cannot reduce it to any more than that. (Not to 50% like the other product)

1. Is it really legal? I tried to check but it is not clear. (At best this would be intentional misdirection)

2. I checked their website again, they do not have terms and conditions on their website nor have they sent it to me.

image.png

Additionally,

I purchased from Sportful as well, and to my surprise (Both orders Castelli and Sportful) shipped all together in one bag.

This happened once before when I ordered 2 orders from Sportful, both orders shipped in 1 bag.

I paid shipping for 2 orders, so if you're saying it's for my convenience then give me a voucher for the R70. I did pay for it.

But clearly they're too happy to pocket the extra shipping monies paid. Anyone else experience this?

They are no longer responding to my emails. 

Castelli.png

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi eddy, every other store that I had an issue with has always been happy to discuss and resolve the issue amicably.

these guys are blatantly ignoring the question I asked and also refer to T&C’s that don’t exist.

sorry to hear that you’ve had worse experiences. would you like to talk about it? My rant both helped me feel better and may forewarn others.

Just now, throttles said:

Hi eddy, every other store that I had an issue with has always been happy to discuss and resolve the issue amicably.

these guys are blatantly ignoring the question I asked and also refer to T&C’s that don’t exist.

sorry to hear that you’ve had worse experiences. would you like to talk about it? My rant both helped me feel better and may forewarn others.

or otherwise. if you're ranting to make yourself feel better than the issues are bigger than a transaction. I think you're being ridiculous.

the price indicated is what they charged you.

due to your thread I'm actually going to go and see if there's something i like there.thanks for the headsup on the sale.

4 minutes ago, Shebeen said:

https://www.castelli.co.za/collections/vuelta-august-clearance-mens

don't see the 50% or 25% for over R3k stuff there. maybe you killed it with your rant?

Aah, you're a bit delayed.. Ended Sunday/Monday I think.

I gave ample time for them to respond, Even if it was not in my favor it would be a response.

Yes, the price charged was the price advertised. But it was not the expectation put out by their marketing. 

Except for the one time they did not reply to a query I had with regards to a glove that they don't stock, I have had only good service from Castelli South Africa.

The price advertised is the price they charged you.  
If you don't want the product at the invoice price, leave it.

Yes I paid the price displayed. I only realized that it did not apply the initial 50% off after the fact. 

When I saw the banner about a discount I did not pull out a calculator and validate everything before clicking next?

There was no "Up to 50%" or "some items 50%" so according to their marketing and on screen advert everything on that Vuelta tab should be 50% off.

In fact the email I received stated ALL items 50% off or more!! (See the snippet)

I expect honesty from the the stores/suppliers that provide you a products/service.

I provide constructive feedback in order for them to improve and succeed in their endeavor because I like their products.

When things go pear shaped, the right thing to do is try to resolve. IF it does not work notify others so they can be forewarned.

From what I gather it was place under the Vuelta 50% off Sale "Category" purposefully to attract customers to it.

There was no "Sorry is was categorized incorrectly" or "Sorry for any inconvenience caused" it was straight to we cant discount it further.

They could have discounted to what they wanted to and left it in their Catalogue under Bottoms. like they did with the tops that were not on sale.

They chose to add it in the 50% Sale tab.. From what I gather purposefully to attract customers to it so it could get sold.

Vuelta.JPG

1 hour ago, throttles said:

Aah, you're a bit delayed.. Ended Sunday/Monday I think.

I gave ample time for them to respond, Even if it was not in my favor it would be a response.

Yes, the price charged was the price advertised. But it was not the expectation put out by their marketing. 

more especially, how does the sizing compare to the bibs you usually buy? Follwing their size chart one should size up one size but some are saying size up 2 sizes. Whats your verdict?

24 minutes ago, throttles said:

Yes I paid the price displayed. I only realized that it did not apply the initial 50% off after the fact. 

When I saw the banner about a discount I did not pull out a calculator and validate everything before clicking next?

There was no "Up to 50%" or "some items 50%" so according to their marketing and on screen advert everything on that Vuelta tab should be 50% off.

In fact the email I received stated ALL items 50% off or more!! (See the snippet)

I expect honesty from the the stores/suppliers that provide you a products/service.

I provide constructive feedback in order for them to improve and succeed in their endeavor because I like their products.

When things go pear shaped, the right thing to do is try to resolve. IF it does not work notify others so they can be forewarned.

From what I gather it was place under the Vuelta 50% off Sale "Category" purposefully to attract customers to it.

There was no "Sorry is was categorized incorrectly" or "Sorry for any inconvenience caused" it was straight to we cant discount it further.

They could have discounted to what they wanted to and left it in their Catalogue under Bottoms. like they did with the tops that were not on sale.

They chose to add it in the 50% Sale tab.. From what I gather purposefully to attract customers to it so it could get sold.

Vuelta.JPG

I dunno.

So your whinge is that something for R3k was not R1500? maybe it's just me, but it's an honest mistake by them. you were obviously happy to pay R1800 for it, but only if the MSRP was then R3600? 

maybe it's just me, but this seems like a 

image.png

gripe

2 hours ago, throttles said:

MSRP on that Bib I bought is R2999, so the first discount should be 50% = R1500.00 not R1795.00

Did you ever think that maybe the MSRP (Regular Price) was wrong, and it should have been R3590 less 50% = R1795 ?

8 minutes ago, Shebeen said:

I dunno.

So your whinge is that something for R3k was not R1500? maybe it's just me, but it's an honest mistake by them. you were obviously happy to pay R1800 for it, but only if the MSRP was then R3600? 

maybe it's just me, but this seems like a 

image.png

gripe

well he does have a point, the sale is 50% off and not up to 50% off.

the Online price is not the sale price according to the advertising so they would be in breach of false advertising.

I doubt small claims court would even look at it for R220 though.

Morally he is right but legally the shop has offered to refund if he is not happy with the negotiation. he could continue to insist they honour the advertising.

lesson here is call ahead to confirm the price.

Edited by DieselnDust

I'm quickly starting to realise why non cyclist think some cyclists are tools.. 

Clearly some people are more comfortable with False advertising and being mislead than others.

Also, what about the R140 extra paid for shipping but they combining shipments? That must also be me "Misunderstanding" ?

2 hours ago, eddy said:

If that was your Worst customer experience EVER, you have lived a privileged and sheltered life.

this dude ^^^^^

i buy from them plenty -great quality -great service - if you dont like the marked prices next time order your gear from europe direct yourself then you will have plenty to whine about 

Ja look, I agree that based on the other items on that page, it should have been R1500. However, the price was quoted, clearly, as R1795.

I'm struggling with this part though. Do you think that you were entitled to a further 25% discount, because the bib was marked down from R2999.00 to start with? It says spend R2999+ and get a further 25% off. You spent R1795, not R2999+. And in any event, R2999 is not R2999+, it's R2999.