Worst Customer experience EVER! Castelli & Sportful by Roubaixworld Trading

throttles

Hey, maybe just because I’m a “cycling tool”, my opinion

be firm stand your ground but,,,,,, 

People tend to react in proportion to attitude and aggression showed towards them

I don’t think it’s a stretch of the imagination you threw a Karen email/call

Going on everyone else’s dealing with them being positive it’s safe to assume this escalation comes down to flared emotional response

but as I said IM A TOOL WHO HAPPENS TO BE A CYCLIST ???? 

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, bertusras said:

Right there on the checkout page mate

spacer.png

That Section 4 is std practice on all ecommerce sites, hence I say he's morally right but the shop is legally right

I'd also love to know if this screen shot the OP posted has been selectively snipped and it doesn't say "T's & C's apply" somewhere, and one of those T's and C's is that the prices are subject to change without notice. I feel like that's normal practice when it comes to these things, but I'm not sure if it's the case here. 

Vuelta.JPG

Sorry about your experience but thanks for the heads up on the sale, just placed an order, seems the sale is still on despite them saying it ends on the 20th.

Hopefully I won't be listing my complaint here in the next week or two ????

I don't know hey. Seems to me the shop could have saved themselves some fallout by just giving the customer the discount as advertised. I doubt they'll be running at a loss with only a single unhappy customer wanting his extra R200 back.

I'll say this much though, Advertising should be clear, and what is found in the shop should match the advertising. Your customer shouldn't be expected to go and read through the terms and conditions in order to fully understand where a retailer could have some legal loopholes. I mean, who does that? 

In my opinion, the shop could have made a legit mistake and accidentally put the bibs in the sale category, or had the bibs listed with an incorrect regular price. If this isn't the case then they knew full well they weren't honoring the email they sent out. Sure the discounted price was clearly visible on the website, but still, it doesn't honor the email. They offered the customer a refund, which is great, but I wonder how many other customers were happy to proceed with the less than 50% discount? Did they offer refunds to any of these customers? I guess we'll never know. With that in mind, would you trust a shop that is potentially exploiting legal loopholes to make an extra buck off their customers? I'd rather spend my money elsewhere.

But ja, OP, you could have clarified the details on the price with the shop beforehand. Then you would have been able to make the decision on whether or not to support them based on their feedback before you actually spent your money.

I don't have a massive issue with them merging shipments. It seems like an obvious place for a small online business to save some money. Surely you must recognize that it would be easier from them not to do this? It is their decision to put in the effort to do this and hopefully the savings find its way into pricing of goods. I wouldn't be surprised if they actively try to save money in other parts of the business too. Lower running costs could be why they are able to offer such massive discounts during sales?

22 hours ago, FondTF2 said:

Think the sale was only up to a specific date in August.

Bought some stuff last week and super efficient. Awesome saving and next day delivery

agreed. got 3 of their nicest bibs to hide under my baggy pantses...... super chuffed with prices I paid, cant get Aa middle of the road Spez bib for what I got bloody nice Castelli bibs for

I ordered today and they called me this afternoon saying they are starting another special later today where you can get 2 x bibs for R2999 and they don't want me to see the special later and then be bummed I missed it so they're offering it to me telephonically. Can't fault that at all.

My order was shipped today as well ????

13 minutes ago, BuffsVintageBikes said:

I ordered today and they called me this afternoon saying they are starting another special later today where you can get 2 x bibs for R2999 and they don't want me to see the special later and then be bummed I missed it so they're offering it to me telephonically. Can't fault that at all.

My order was shipped today as well ????

hahahaha

Is it called the 'Full Throttle' sale?

6 hours ago, Mamil said:

This thread has me looking at trying out my first ever Casteli bib

Funniest things about this thread is that the OP (who has since disappeared :ph34r:) wanted to rant about how bad Castelli is, and instead has done some great marketing for them and probably won them some more business with all of the positive reviews and feedback that people have posted. 

I purchase my bibs from this store. Excellent, competitive prices, excellent bibs, excellent service. To be honest, I only look at the price I have to pay and not at anything else because that is all that really matters to me. I would highly recommend their bibs, which I always buy one size up. Ciao.

Edited by GaryP
Spelling...

On 8/26/2021 at 6:56 PM, Mountain Bru said:

Funniest things about this thread is that the OP (who has since disappeared :ph34r:) wanted to rant about how bad Castelli is, and instead has done some great marketing for them and probably won them some more business with all of the positive reviews and feedback that people have posted. 

will6567285_460s.jpg