Is anyone on strava here?

arandre

12 minutes ago, Mamil said:

Do we pray for a southeaster or a northwester?

I can proudly state that on the day there was no wind as I managed to grab the podium on a calm pre-dawn morning of peaceful tranquility. There was almost no traffic either. The only chaos was on my bike as I was redlining the rev limiter for those 3.7km's...(that's all I'm gonna say ????)

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, ouzo said:

The only KOM I'll ever have is if I create a segment on a private piece of land that only I have access to, the moment anyone else has access to that segment I will be dethroned. :) 

I made a few segments inside SAAT as I often used to rather do my morning intervals inside here than on the road. But I made them private because I don't want to be that tjop having a kom that no one else can have.

There used to be a segment up a drag in greenstone that ended inside a complex. So unless you lived there you couldn't get it. I was looking at segments the other day and I see it's gone.

3 minutes ago, Long Wheel Base said:

I made a few segments inside SAAT as I often used to rather do my morning intervals inside here than on the road. But I made them private because I don't want to be that tjop having a kom that no one else can have.

There used to be a segment up a drag in greenstone that ended inside a complex. So unless you lived there you couldn't get it. I was looking at segments the other day and I see it's gone.

if I could get into ORT airside there are a number of tiles on Statshunter in there that I need in order to complete a grid.

I just had a look at the Bikehub group on Strava. All Most of the recent activity is Zwift rides? What am I missing?

Edited by Adr!@n

2 hours ago, arandre said:

thanks to all for your responses

Thanks…. Now we are going to hear about all the grand and not so grand KOM’s 

43 minutes ago, ouzo said:

if I could get into ORT airside there are a number of tiles on Statshunter in there that I need in order to complete a grid.

Statshunter?

5 hours ago, arandre said:

thanks to all for your responses

As long as you are not a robber who is wanting to use strava to find out where cyclists live..

3 hours ago, Frosty said:

Please invite me when you get that invite, or take my Garmin with on the ride.

It’s a pity I no longer know the right people at ACSA, could have probably arranged something. 

8 hours ago, Mamil said:

I have a KOM because in lockdown when we were only allowed a 5km radius I strung together a 1.5km segment at 7% average gradient and rode it as hard as I could and beat the only two other people who have ever ridden it. 

Thats good strava-ing ????

7 hours ago, Stoffel76 said:

An oldie but a goodie! ???????? 

Are these people going on a multi-day hiking expedition? Why does everyone have a rucksack on?

5 hours ago, ouzo said:

Strava plugin , statshunters.com

Another great plugin is StravaSauce. (I think it's a chrome plugin, so I'm not sure if you get it for other browsers)

8 hours ago, Robbie Stewart said:

Admitting to Strava is the same as admitting you listen to Roxette and you know the lyrics to "I'm too sexy for my shirt"...

no-one with any self respect will admit to being a fan of either, but everyone is..

I managed a KOM at Meerendal a couple years ago that stood for a couple of years. It's ded now and I don't ride there anymore.

[edit] - my proudest achievement on Strava is podiuming in 2nd spot on a fairly popular stretch of tar around Blouberg riding my mountain bike, and managing to knock some roadies back a few notches. I'm not saying where, as it still stands. I'm only 6 seconds off the KOM. I'm waiting for the right day to go smack that out the park.

Yoh bro.... Roxette and Right said Fred are 2 big parts of my youth..... I will gladly admit to both. I even have a couple of Roxette concert tee's. Obviously Right said Fred doesn't sell concert tee's.... Otherwise I would have one of those too!

I am on STRAVA but I'm marked as private. So you have to follow me to see all my 'afternoon runs' and 'morning rides'