Cannondale SuperSix EVO SE is ready for gravel racing

News bot

Press Release

Cannondale recently unveiled the SuperSix EVO SE. Building on the SuperSix EVO platform they dub it as "an evolved race bike ready for the rough and tumble of grass crits, mud ruts, or open gravel tracks".

View full article

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wonder what's the price point on that puppy - with SRAM nogal, unlike the others that come with Shimano.

Edited by 'Dale

14 hours ago, 'Dale said:

Wonder what's the price point on that puppy - with SRAM nogal, unlike the others that come with Shimano.

I will only buy one when it comes out with Shimano.

If it doesn't, I'll take the SRAM ???? off and burn it.

Edited by Spinnekop

2 minutes ago, Spinnekop said:

I will only buy one when it comes out with Shimano.

If it doesn't, I'll take the SRAM **** off and burn it.

As a matter of interest, when did you last use SRAM 'road' stuff? 

I really like SRAM on the gravel bike as the brake levers only move in a linear motion, so if things are getting loose and jiggly, you can keep your finger on the trigger without worrying about shifting gears or the brake lever getting away from you.

8 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

As a matter of interest, when did you last use SRAM 'road' stuff? 

I really like SRAM on the gravel bike as the brake levers only move in a linear motion, so if things are getting loose and jiggly, you can keep your finger on the trigger without worrying about shifting gears or the brake lever getting away from you.

Sold my 4 months old SRAM AXS Red groupset for half the price because the brakes failed three times and 4 bike shops were unable to fix the front derailleur chain drop.  If you read up on it, various people across the world have the chain drop issue.  2 of my other friends are waiting months now for replacement of the front AXS shifter as the brakes fade within 2 months.

The last straw for me was this month when my brand new Zipp 353 hub failed after 500km and I had to wait 3 months for a replacement hub and even then the local dealer charged me transport fees because "shipping is not covered under warranty claims".
This on 'n RRP R80 000 wheelset.

What a joke.

Fooled me a couple of times now.  Not again.

Edited by Spinnekop

17 minutes ago, Spinnekop said:

Sold my 4 months old SRAM AXS Red groupset for half the price because the brakes failed three times and 4 bike shops were unable to fix the front derailleur chain drop.  If you read up on it, various people across the world have the chain drop issue.  2 of my other friends are waiting months now for replacement of the front AXS shifter as the brakes fade within 2 months.

The last straw for me was this month when my brand new Zipp 353 hub failed after 500km and I had to wait 3 months for a replacement hub and even then the local dealer charged me transport fees because "shipping is not covered under warranty claims".

What a joke.

I've only ever run their kit with other calipers and while I have no bikes currently with SRAM anything, I really liked the brake lever being linear when I did use it.

I also swapped the FD out for a shimano one. The new cantilever mechanism is so crisp and easy. So I guess I avoided these issues by default.

The waiting for stock though is unavoidable which ever brand you use these days, but the consistent failure is perhaps not. 

I really really like bikes with a 'flat' or 'Horizontal' top tube. They look so awesome. I'm just too short to ride them. If I was a baller and a little bit taller, I would definitely consider one of these! (If I had a rabbit in a hat and a bat and a six four impala)...

When I did the SRAM Technical University course in 2019 we covered the RED AXS group. Front derailleur set up is tricky because the stepper motor produces a lot of torque and is strong enough to rip the front derailleur mount off. Correct set up is crucial. 

Instead of typing and repeating here is the guide: https://www.sram.com/en/sram/road/campaigns/troubleshooting-etap-axs-chain-drop

Interestingly I've also discovered quite a few people have set up problems with the SRAM 11speed Yaw front derailleurs on Cannondales. 

2 hours ago, DieselnDust said:

When I did the SRAM Technical University course in 2019 we covered the RED AXS group. Front derailleur set up is tricky because the stepper motor produces a lot of torque and is strong enough to rip the front derailleur mount off. Correct set up is crucial. 

Instead of typing and repeating here is the guide: https://www.sram.com/en/sram/road/campaigns/troubleshooting-etap-axs-chain-drop

Interestingly I've also discovered quite a few people have set up problems with the SRAM 11speed Yaw front derailleurs on Cannondales. 

After copious amounts of research, I settled on the idea that it was very frame specific.
There are people that put the groupset on and it just works from the get-go without event thinking about reading the manual.
To say that I tried to make it work is an understatement.  
There was rides where I went out for hours and adjusting and trying new things.   Nothing worked.  I just gave up after a year.  Sadly.
Cost me a fortune to replace...........????

Edited by Spinnekop

1 hour ago, Spinnekop said:

After copious amounts of research, I settled on the idea that it was very frame specific.
There are people that put the groupset on and it just works from the get-go without event thinking about reading the manual.
To say that I tried to make it work is an understatement.  
There was rides where I went out for hours and adjusting and trying new things.   Nothing worked.  I just gave up after a year.  Sadly.
Cost me a fortune to replace...........????

You're riding a cannondale? Year model?

Most of the yaw derailleur issues is on the 2015 through 2018 models. The new Evo seems to be a lot netter but I wonder if the slightly wider chain line on these bikes is the cause

7 hours ago, Spinnekop said:

What a joke.

Bauke is that you??

I am just upset because my superx is now  "outdated". I would love one of these frames though! I wonder why they run Force 1 on the CX bike and not AXS? 

6 hours ago, Jewbacca said:

I've only ever run their kit with other calipers and while I have no bikes currently with SRAM anything, I really liked the brake lever being linear when I did use it.

I also swapped the FD out for a shimano one. The new cantilever mechanism is so crisp and easy. So I guess I avoided these issues by default.

The waiting for stock though is unavoidable which ever brand you use these days, but the consistent failure is perhaps not. 

I really really like bikes with a 'flat' or 'Horizontal' top tube. They look so awesome. I'm just too short to ride them. If I was a baller and a little bit taller, I would definitely consider one of these! (If I had a rabbit in a hat and a bat and a six four impala)...

That bloody song, now it will be stuck in my head for the next week, thanks Jewy ????

On 8/26/2021 at 8:00 PM, DIPSLICK said:

Love cannondale, but that doesn’t shout GO out and order ME NOW, maybe they going less is more. ????????‍♂️

Difficult customer