Cannondale SuperSix EVO SE is ready for gravel racing

News bot

1 minute ago, jcza said:

Difficult customer 

Well we all know your stds, fussy don’t get u laid????????

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, DIPSLICK said:

Well we all know your stds, fussy don’t get u laid????????

Must be time for lunch again… 

On 8/27/2021 at 7:41 AM, Jewbacca said:

As a matter of interest, when did you last use SRAM 'road' stuff? 

I really like SRAM on the gravel bike as the brake levers only move in a linear motion, so if things are getting loose and jiggly, you can keep your finger on the trigger without worrying about shifting gears or the brake lever getting away from you.

I have experienced fewer issues with SRAM than Shimano ....????

On 8/26/2021 at 5:24 PM, 'Dale said:

Wonder what's the price point on that puppy - with SRAM nogal, unlike the others that come with Shimano.

Yes I would like to know what the price tag is... but maybe I will rather look at the Canyon gravel bike... but I believe exports to SA suspended !

1 hour ago, jackievs said:

I have experienced fewer issues with SRAM than Shimano ....????

If you ask enough people, you will find people who have had issues with pretty much anything.

I have owned a stack of bikes, using both SRAM and shimano. Avid brakes were terrible, initial SRAM road double tap was clumsy, Shimano then went wiffy with a wandering bite point on their brakes with seals around the lever piston being made of cheese. The reverse pressure RD was rubbish..... I have a list of gripes a mile long for both companies.

In saying all that, actual product failure outside of crash damage has eluded me over hundreds of thousand of km

1 hour ago, jackievs said:

Yes I would like to know what the price tag is... but maybe I will rather look at the Canyon gravel bike... but I believe exports to SA suspended !

I would suggest you read the thread relating to this if you are genuinely interested. It explains exactly how Canyon in SA will now be run and by whom. 

12 hours ago, Andrae Bird said:

The Cedar would have broken this bike up! 

Genuine question (assuming you're not joking): why? 

What was in those 250km that would have broken this ~70k bike? 

27 minutes ago, MongooseMan said:

Would love to know as well!!

1 hour ago, MongooseMan said:

Or assumed the bike doesn't like snow or the cold?

I would assume that after all the comments about the SRAM brakes packing up, the bike would prefer the cold to the heat.....

16 hours ago, Andrae Bird said:

The Cedar would have broken this bike up! 

The CEDER broke most bikes up, and all people, from my understanding!

4 hours ago, MongooseMan said:

I suspect it is a reference to the crazy conditions... Snow, hectic peanut butter mud and river crossing combined with some treacherous descents at the best of times. 

2 hours ago, Jewbacca said:

Or assumed the bike doesn't like snow or the cold?

I would assume that after all the comments about the SRAM brakes packing up, the bike would prefer the cold to the heat.....

A few guys had brake issues at the Ceder, I am not sure if it was cable disc issues or not though.

On 8/29/2021 at 12:02 PM, Jewbacca said:

If you ask enough people, you will find people who have had issues with pretty much anything.

I have owned a stack of bikes, using both SRAM and shimano. Avid brakes were terrible, initial SRAM road double tap was clumsy, Shimano then went wiffy with a wandering bite point on their brakes with seals around the lever piston being made of cheese. The reverse pressure RD was rubbish..... I have a list of gripes a mile long for both companies.

In saying all that, actual product failure outside of crash damage has eluded me over hundreds of thousand of km

I would suggest you read the thread relating to this if you are genuinely interested. It explains exactly how Canyon in SA will now be run and by whom. 

Great ... you always seem to know everything...thanks for the advice 

18 minutes ago, jackievs said:

Great ... you always seem to know everything...thanks for the advice 

I know you're being facetious, but the Canyon thing was discussed here over various pages of it's own thread, facts were laid out, contact information was shared and the new model for Canyon SA was introduced and confirmed by various parties. So in this, I don't know nor do I care, but the thread has ALL the information that will shed light on your misinformation re Canyon no longer being imported to SA.

????