Is This Frame Cracked?

Desmonde

Hi guy's, i need a little advice on this frame. Giant Anthem Carbon.  Does this frame look cracked? Bought off bike hub and shipped from Cape Town to me in Mosselbay.
I have tried to contact the seller by phone but it just rings out every time.

The problem i have is the seller was last seen 19Aug he does not answer calls. The add is still up on the hub. 25k down the drain.

https://bikehub.co.za/classifieds/item/dual-suspension-bikes/493432/gaint-anthem-x-for-sale/?utm_source=email_notification&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=advert_created

C843F869-280E-40EC-889F-33513F3C5A79.jpeg

Edited by Desmonde

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Desmonde said:

Hi guy's, i need a little advice on this frame. Giant Anthem Carbon.  Does this frame look cracked? Bought off bike hub and shipped from Cape Town to me in Mosselbay.

C81C063E-4054-42A4-A593-8396F2D26E1E.jpeg

Looks like a crack to me.

14 minutes ago, Desmonde said:

What broke off that arm? That perhaps what caused Crack or paint crack

1 minute ago, MajG said:

What broke off that arm? That perhaps what caused Crack or paint 

Frame is upside down so maybe cable rub.

1 hour ago, Desmonde said:

Yup. Pretty sure that's a crack

Looks like the top coat flaking off?

Start putting money away for a new frame. Ride it til it breaks properly, you'll be surprised how far you get.

Edit: only saw the crack on the pivot now. Yip, that is a crack. Wether it's just the top coat or paint coat or cracked through all the way is the question.  Either way, that sucks.

Edited by PhilipV

22 minutes ago, Spafsack said:

Looking at your pic, bike seems to have been well used, hope you did not pay too much.

The frame looks like it was touched up or sprayed. The depth of the paint flake would be down to the carbon.

What worries me too is the bare aluminium where it seems to have been ground and also to top of the picture shows different paint layers. Has the frame been repainted ??

The problem i have is the seller was last seen 19Aug he does not answer calls. The add is still up on the hub. 25k down the drain.

The problem is a new user that prob does not check into the site now that his/her bike has been sold ... a one hit wonder till the person needs to sell another bike again.

Did you inspect the bike in person before purchase, or was this a remote kind of deal?

image.png.20a0e3f254a50fedec63d3d995419963.png