• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Desmonde said:

Deal was done over Whatsapp

he even called me and said that the bike is in good condition 

Your vids are not showing.

You can send me a message 

I also have a video. Video doesn’t want to upload that he have taken of the entire bike and saying it’s in good condition 

Video doesn’t want to upload 

It says failed 

if you want to see it you welcome to give me a WhatsApp on 0791147300 

Have you tried contacting Melkbos Cycles, Maybe they can help get hold of the seller.

Thankfully Carbon can be repaired so if it is a crack then i would image 2-3K to repair it. 

Hang on, there's still value in the parts, yes the frame may have a crack but you can still get value from the parts or you can get it fixed. 

Yes it may cost you some extra moola but you have those two options: 

1) Strip it down and sell the parts to get some cash back

2) Get the frame fixed 

Genuinely think that when ppl new to the hub are selling something,  when you message them you should receive pop up disclaimer 

"New hub user - please verify sellers authenticity before purchase etc...." 

Atleast some warning to buyers.

Could be for hubber with less than 3 months registration or less than 10 posts etc

@Desmonde see if the carbon can be checked and repaired. Sorry about your incident 

After watching the sellers video that was sent to Desmond i think the seller is full of BS. Shows select closeups of components.

Saying bike is very good condition. Bike has a new fork (That fork is not new looks well used)

Frame is perfect condition (Not).

He has 3 buyers coming in the morning so Desmond must do the deal now).

Desmond also sent a recording of a conversation with Melkbos. Supposedly they called him day of the sale and confirmed bike was all good. 

I would rather have called them than take the word of a stranger calling and saying he is from XYZ.

Just a not on the "broken part" or "grinding" on the swing arm, that is just a loop for you to cable tie the hose in place, they used to were through on most of those Giant models, I eventually just left it unattached so would not be worried. The clear coat flaking is most likely from a front derailleur that came fitted stock.

As for the crack, get a professional opinion first before Bikehub pitch forks someone again. Pictures can't diagnose it. But good job on a thorough inspection, that's the underside of the link and most people would never have seen it. I doubt the previous owner is even aware of it. 

If you not happy and eventually get hold of the seller, just try reverse the deal.