Feature Request - Personal Blacklist for the Classifieds

Mountain Bru

So after reading a few threads, particularly the ones which call upon the power of the pitchfork brigade, I thought it would be useful to have a list of people that I'd choose to never buy from or sell anything to. Like not even necessarily in a malicious way, but in a "I don't want issues in my life" kind of way, and some people seem to create more issues than others. I remember once having a friend that literally every time we went to a restaurant, he'd find something to complain about to the waiters and could never let anything go. So eventually I just stopped going out to eat with him cos I got tired of his crap, but we were still friends. Kind of like that. There are some characters floating around that I'd rather not eat with...

I know that there's a rating system which helps us know when someone is dodgey once they've made a sale, but those reviews should only be of transactions that have actually taken place between hubbers, and there shouldn't be any 1 star ratings because I don't like what someone said in a forum post or someone gives off a "I like to complain" vibe.

So instead of trying to maintain a list myself, I figured being able to flag people somehow on the platform would be super useful. Maybe not even see their ads, or not have my ads visible to them, but at the least being able to see when I open an ad or get a message from someone that this dude is on my "no touchy list". Would anyone else be interested in a feature like this, and what would it take to get the admins to implement such a feature? (I know from other threads that petitions for features we want isn't effective though :ph34r:)

Sounds good. Hope Admin picks up on this thread. 

A good start would be to check the age of the account. Was it created within the last 24-48 hours? Guaranteed scammer. 

Seems too good to be true? Then it is, no matter how badly you want to believe otherwise.

3 hours ago, Nico van Loggerenberg said:

Why don't you just list everybody who is getting coal for Christmas here by name?

Same reason you don't write a list of spammers on a piece of paper and check it every time you get an email. You mark them as spam, and let the smart people at Google keep their nonsense out of your inbox. 

3 hours ago, mecheng89 said:

A good start would be to check the age of the account. Was it created within the last 24-48 hours? Guaranteed scammer. 

100%.
Being able to immediately see stuff like if someone started and account and immediately posted an ad, or if someone has multiple 1 star reviews would be really useful. Also if you have a bad experience with someone screwing you around (like not pitching up for a meeting, or @Nico van Loggerenberg's favorite - tells you that you can buy something and hen sells it to someone else), you can't leave them a bad review, but you probably don't want to do business with them in future. Having a way to flag that guy would be really useful. 

I was just tugging your chain a bit (as one is obligated to on this forum). While this might be useful, I'd say it probably goes into the massive box labelled "useful ideas the mods will ignore" 

18 minutes ago, Trashy said:

You make one comment about the guy's obsession with water bottles and he wants to block you...????‍♂️

Shucks, you've seen straight through my elaborate plan to block all of the jealous 2 bottle haters ..... ????????????????

2 minutes ago, Mountain Bru said:

Shucks, you've seen straight through my elaborate plan to block all of the jealous 2 bottle haters ..... ????????????????

2 bottles? peasants. mine has 3

3 hours ago, Steady Spin said:

People do sign up just to sell a bike or part. New account with an advert doesn't make someone a scammer by default. 

I fully agree. But I'm sure I'm not the only person that would prefer to not deal with such a person under most circumstances. It's not at all malicious against the individual though, just that "statistically" it's more likely to be a scammer. Same as not wanting to deal with people with no posts or sub1000 posts on the forums. It's not because you think everyone without posts is dodgey, it's because the risk of things going bad is lower with someone that's active on the forums.