Greg Minnaar wins his 4th World Championship title

News bot

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That was way more exciting than a normal WC probably because it's a winner takes all event. Needless to say one of SA's greatest sports stars performance  will be largely ignored by the mainstream media ...

2 hours ago, FondTF2 said:

Absolute Legend.

Quite fitting that the two GOAT's won in both Schurter and Minnaar.

Indeed and provides the platform for their continued competitor status for another year. Greg will be our own Alejandro Valverde, the Super Vet

Edited by DieselnDust

Well done to the men who made SA proud yesterday. Greg got a standing ovation from me in my living room. Even the missus who normally gives everything mtb related a cold shoulder came and sat down to enjoy the moment of absolute brilliance. My nerves were shattered when Greg took the provisional lead with 3 more riders to come.

Theo and Pottie also flew the flag high and made us all proud again. SA does not stand back against the best in the world. Thanks to Greg, now we ARE the best ???? ???? ????.

image.png.1aa25dc0419f598effcc3185904ba270.png

10 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

Indeed and provides the platform for their continued competitor status for another year. Greg will be our own Alejandro Valverde, the Super Vet

After a year of representing/defending this title, wouldn't he be just about the right age to transition to road and sign for Qhubeka NextHash.? ????‍♂️????

5 minutes ago, Thomo said:

After a year of representing/defending this title, wouldn't he be just about the right age to transition to road and sign for Qhubeka NextHash.? ????‍♂️????

I think if he retires me may just go do #Enduro

Watching the YouTube build up to the WC made me itch to ride my #Enduro bike. So I headed off to Tokai to do my own version down the snakes and DH track. So glad I did, I have been spending far too much time on my HT trying to get fit.  The tracks are running superbly after the hail and rain...

I had to miss it, will watch it all on GCN+ tonight !

Edited by eddy

You know from time to time there is this interview question that gets asked:

"if you could have dinner with any person on the planet, who would you invite?"

Greg.

We'd have a braai, enjoy some beers and chat about any nonsense we want to.

5 hours ago, WaynejG said:

I saw Minaar's race which was awesome. What happened to Pottie?

61st, roughly 27 sec behind Greg.