Shimano announce Dura-Ace and Ultegra 12-speed groupsets with wireless shifters

News bot

Press Release

Built for those who never compromise, Shimano’s premium DURA-ACE R9200 series moves to 12-speed Di2-only, disc or rim-brake set-up with wireless shifters, faster derailleur operation, larger 54-40T chain rings and 11-34T cassettes.

ULTEGRA R8100 series also goes 12-speed with wireless Di2 shifter function and faster derailleurs. For the first-time ever ULTEGRA includes a power meter option and full-carbon tubeless disc wheels

View full article

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

About time ! Curious to try ! I wasn’t impressed with their mechanical high end mtb group but very impressed with their ultegra mechanical ! Let’s see…

I’d have this over AXS any day. I think DI2 and hyper glide are still the groupset to beat.

interesting that dura ace no longer available in mechanical shifting from this generation onwards, but, still supports rim brakes.

From the review I watched, it Seems only the DA Disc version has wireless shifters. The rim brake version still have wired shifters as they're very similar to the previous 11spd shifters. And you can also get the crank in 54/39 now

I find the fanfare that accompanies new products increasingly irksome. 

The most exciting thing about this so far is the greater pad clearance and better spec discs on the brakes, something that should have been in place long ago. 

I'm sure though that if I rode it I would love it.... 

Its certainly something to admire. Having SRAM & Shimano competing to continually be the best makes new R&D in cycling pretty exciting!!

To me the new 12spd Disc version shifters have a similar look the Sram Force AXS shifters around the hood area, Seems quite "bulky" if you know what I mean compared to the previous 11spd version where the shifters and hoods were pretty similar to the rim brake version, nice and small and "low" between the thumb and index finger when riding with your hands on the hoods.

3 minutes ago, Paulst12 said:

Its certainly something to admire. Having SRAM & Shimano competing to continually be the best makes new R&D in cycling pretty exciting!!

Campagnolo Super Record EPS 12spd must be a Football boot brand then.