Shimano announce Dura-Ace and Ultegra 12-speed groupsets with wireless shifters

News bot

26 minutes ago, FootballingCyclist said:

Campagnolo Super Record EPS 12spd must be a Football boot brand then.

Sorry, it didnt spring to mind. I was think about the AXS quote and completely overlooked Campy.... they are all so damn good in their own right!!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The best thing about the new Dura ace and Ultegra is the upgrade path form 11 is only the essentials. They could have made it even simpler through a firmware change to the 11speed kit to make 11 steps from rest instead of 10 but noooooooo, you need to buy new shifters, rear derailleur and that oh so shexy aero front derailleur. Who wouldn't want to throw away their old parts just to get that front derailleur. That's 2W saved right there, 2W closer to 300!

But that extra .08 mm pad clearance is going to add way too much drag so the disc brakes are a definite miss. When we're dealing in polony skins then every polony skin counts!

Edited by DieselnDust
removed repeated word

18 minutes ago, wattnow said:

Only 3 years behind Campagnolo. Campagnolo will probably launch 13 speed before any of the new Shimano arrives.

Rotor already have a 13 speed groupset, albeit a 1x, But if you get the gearing right, is a 2x necessary..

5 minutes ago, X-Man said:

Still coming in cheaper than Campagnolo though ... ????

Doesn't everything? LOL

for 74k for their SR EPS 12spd disc groupset, You can literally buy a very very decent complete bike, and here on Le Hub some with Dura Ace or Ultegra Di2 disc aswell..

Just now, FootballingCyclist said:

Doesn't everything? LOL

for 74k for their SR EPS 12spd disc groupset, You can literally buy a very very decent complete bike, and here on Le Hub some with Dura Ace or Ultegra Di2 disc aswell..

Titan Vanquish with Reynolds Wheels and SRAM Force AXS is just  another few months of savings higher up...

2 hours ago, FootballingCyclist said:

Rotor already have a 13 speed groupset, albeit a 1x, But if you get the gearing right, is a 2x necessary..

You know i love 1 x and going 12 speed just makes more sense, at the moment Rotor is just over priced. Ordered a 12 speed ratchet for my Force 1 and will run it with a 10/33 AXS Force cassette. I just cant decide on the chain ring but will most likely go with a 50T.

Oh and the nice part is its 12 speed mechanical. 

Edited by Naidy

my 2c, 12 speed is useless I really don't see the point of going 12 or even 13 speed, it just makes the group more complicated and more prone to imperfect shifting.

On the other hand I love electronic and especially wireless electronic groups, that offer much better consistency over time than the cables. Just this summer I rode 2 mechanical ultegra, the first one was 99% flawless, actually better than my AXS I absolutely loved it, only imperfection was that sometimes (maybe 2 or 3 times in 5,5 hours) the lever wouldn't engage I had to let go and try again. But when it did engage the shifting was beautiful. The other bike with the same group worked more like my AXS, it would still shift very well, but sometimes it would take a little longer for the gear to actually shift, giving that little noise we don't like to hear for maybe a half revolution of the cranks.

I am though very curious to try this group even though it's probably going to take years before it's accessible to the masses (meaning second hand bikes with it become available). I just don't like that the battery is still in the frame and that you can't just take your batteries off and charge them where you want in your house.

38 minutes ago, Naidy said:

You know i love 1 x and going 12 speed just makes more sense, at the moment Rotor is just over priced. Ordered a 12 speed ratchet for my Force 1 and will run it with a 10/33 AXS Force cassette. I just cant decide on the chain ring but will most likely go with a 50T.

Oh and the nice part is its 12 speed mechanical. 

Where di you order the 12s ratchet form? I have 10speed force I want to upgrade as the cassettes are now almost all worn out and if I need to buy new I may as well go 12

3 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

Where di you order the 12s ratchet form? I have 10speed force I want to upgrade as the cassettes are now almost all worn out and if I need to buy new I may as well go 12

There is a company called Ratio Technology. They have a few options available for older and new Sram mechanical shifters, both Gravel and Road. I just purchased the Road Rachet. They should be couriering it shortly. 

The wheels look very nice. I wonder what those will set you back? Considering the price there has gone up as fast as the groupset, i wouldn't be surprised if its 50k or more.

Just realised this new Dura Ace di2 groupset weighs more than the current generation 105 Disc groupset... Don't get where this is all headed really. Just know the prices are sky rocketing ????